X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mountain132
    Low Range
    • Apr 2008

Clayton Cabin Heater on Ebay

I have a heater but just curious, has anyone seen one of these before. I'm sure others may be interested if they are worthwhile

• xsbowes
    2nd Gear
    • Dec 2006

http://www.claytoncc.co.uk/index.php...d=23&Itemid=37.

they are still making them today.
    Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Comment

• Eric W S
      5th Gear
      • Dec 2006

What's so rare about them? You can order them from several vendors in the UK and have them shipped direct via Royal Post?

They do have an updated core and blower unit as well. Nice little heater.

Comment

• Mark Mc
        Low Range
        • Nov 2008

Clayton Heater

Right. rare as in the unit being available stateside and available now vs. having one shipped from Clayton in the UK and paying for international shipment, rare (which is what the ad says). When these were ordered originally, they arrived a little over two months after payment.

They are indeed nice heaters and well worth the auction price for someone needing one.

Regards, Mark
        1967 Series IIa 88 Diesel
        1995 D 90 300 Tdi
        1994 Discovery I
        1998 Discovery I

Comment

• Eric W S
          5th Gear
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mark Mc
          Right. rare as in the unit being available stateside and available now vs. having one shipped from Clayton in the UK and paying for international shipment, rare (which is what the ad says). When these were ordered originally, they arrived a little over two months after payment.

They are indeed nice heaters and well worth the auction price for someone needing one.

Regards, Mark
          Holden.co.uk and PA Blanchard both assured me that the heater will make it to Chicago from the UK in anywhere from a week to three (depending on my choice in shipment method). All with reasonable shipping rates for the same unit! There are three other vendor's I am price checking with that also stock the heater.

Since they are readily available in a reasonable amount of time, I'll stand by my original statement. Not a rarity for the resourceful willing to spend a few minutes on the net. In fact there is a vendor with several in stock in the Pacific Northwest - land-roverco.com.

So why try to mislead enthusiasts with false claims? They are not rare and can be easily had. No need to embellish the truth to make a buck. Sell it as being across the pond here as a convenience. Not as a rarity.

EwS

Comment

• xsbowes
            2nd Gear
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Eric W S
            In fact there is a vendor with several in stock in the Pacific Northwest - land-roverco.com.
            How much were they asking? I order some swivels from them and they matched the lowest price I could find.
            Stacy
            Motta S.A. Italy

Comment

• Alaska Mike
              Low Range
              • Oct 2007

How much are they running? I was looking to free up a little room under the hood on my Series III. They look a little more robust than the commonly available aftermarket units, and will likely heat a little better- a nice feature up here.

Comment

• xsbowes
                2nd Gear
                • Dec 2006

On the EbayUK they're running $322.

This person selling these heaters in NH also has a RM roverdrive with the bid at $1675 (also listed as very rare).
                Stacy
                Motta S.A. Italy

Comment

• Eric W S
                  5th Gear
                  • Dec 2006

Looking around 350 converted from GPB. As of 2 1/2 weeks ago...

Don't know what Charles is asking for them. I spoke with him over the summer and he mentioned he had them in stock.

If you guys are interested I can call Holdens or another UK vendor tomorrow and ask if they will discount a larger order. . .

Comment

• vandermeter
                    Low Range
                    • Nov 2007

Hope we have'nt hijacked the thread here- but I would be interested in getting one of the aforementioned, before the snows start here in New England...

Comment

• Mountain132
                      Low Range
                      • Apr 2008

are they any better than the square smiths?

Comment

• yorker
                        Overdrive
                        • Nov 2006

Are you guys just nostalgic for these or doing 100 point restorations? There are tons of better heaters out there for less $... I could see using one of these as an auxillary/rear heater in a 109 I guess but for the front I'd prefer a more modern design. If someone reproduced the Kodiak with a better distribution box then you'd really have something.
                        1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• greenmeanie
                          Overdrive
                          • Oct 2006

As a matter of interest, how does a Kodiak differ from the heater on a late IIA? I've never really taken the time to research Kodiaks as I live in the fiery armpit of the country.

Comment

• Mountain132
                            Low Range
                            • Apr 2008

This thread mostly stemmed from my first introduction to the Clayton. Have never seen nor heard of one. Most folks give high praise to the Kodiak, mixed reviews for the smiths, and never mention the clayton. Has been an interesting conversation though. Am I interested in buying and replacing my existing system, no.

Comment

• Alaska Mike
                              Low Range
                              • Oct 2007

Yorker- what would you suggest? The reason I liked the design was the small footprint and capability for defroster ducts. Most aftermarket heaters I've seen are pretty weak for anything below 40F (which is a concern for me).

Comment

Working...