PDA

View Full Version : 64 IIA clutch pressure

LndRvr64
11-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Howzit? I have over the last few weeks been losing pressure in my clutch. Now, I don't get pressure until the clutch pedal is @ 1/2 way to the floor. The clutch is still engaging and disengaging, but it seems like at this rate only a matter of time. I swapped the clutch master @ 1 year ago and I am not seeing any leakage other than fluid seems to be coming out of the pinhole on top of metal reservoir and collecting around the lip of the reservoir can. Haven't attempted to bleed yet as my bleed screws on the back cylinders are seized at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks - Jack

rovertek
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
try bleeding the clutch slave cyl. also check for leaks when you do, the clutch slaves tend to leak letting air enter thus loosing its bleed.....

Donnie
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm with Rovertec on this one,the fact the you have fluid coming out the cap vent indicates air in the system, have U ever ran the master cyl Dry?.. bleed the slave & you'll b fine...........

While we are talking clutch, I'll discuss a little problem that I have been living with 4 about a year: my 1967. RHD, 109 has been chattering on the clutch release every time I let the clutch out, I thought there was oel on the disc, & refused to deal with it, even tho it was a pain in the axx to drive in traffic. Finally when the fluid began to drip on my Clarks, I thought that I should rebuild the master cyl. I got a kit from OUR HOSTS, spent a couple of hours building the cyl & Guess what?????????????? the chatter is gone...leak too.:D
I conclude that the fluid was bypassing the cyl cup as it neared the end of the return stroke, unevenly , thus giving me the nasty chatter

For $25bux and a daze work I got a bonus in ride quality...What ever that's got to do with price of tea in china, escapes me at the moment.......
i'm outta here...........donnie