PDA

View Full Version : Dirrerence between a SE & SD Disco?

LandyII
12-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi,

What are the major differences between a SE & SD Discovery? I have a 2002 Landrover (that I've been told is a Kalahari, but I'm not sure if it is) Been insurance shopping and the online insurance always wants to know if I'm driving an SE ir SD

Thanks!

Landy II

dcwhybrew
12-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Biggest difference between SEs and SDs:

SEs have leather seats with black piping, SDs have duragrain
SEs had a different stereo, digital reading (song/artist, station call letters, etc)
SEs have a body colored front bumper with fog lights, SD doesnt have front fog lights and have black front bumpers
SDs usually do not have sunroofs, some do (my SD7 does)
SEs have the secondary air injections, SDs do not

The trim level should be noted on the front quarter panels at the bottom, just in front of the front doors.

I believe (not certain) that the Kalaharis, G4, Drive Around the World, editions were all SDs...I could be wrong.

Call your local land rover dealership, give them your VIN and ask them to look it up.

LandyII
12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Biggest difference between SEs and SDs:

SEs have leather seats with black piping, SDs have duragrain
SEs had a different stereo, digital reading (song/artist, station call letters, etc)
SEs have a body colored front bumper with fog lights, SD doesnt have front fog lights and have black front bumpers
SDs usually do not have sunroofs, some do (my SD7 does)
SEs have the secondary air injections, SDs do not

The trim level should be noted on the front quarter panels at the bottom, just in front of the front doors.

I believe (not certain) that the Kalaharis, G4, Drive Around the World, editions were all SDs...I could be wrong.

Call your local land rover dealership, give them your VIN and ask them to look it up.

It's been confirmed on another site that I do have a Kalahari SE. I have black duragrain and Tetra seats (not leather)

Thanks for the help!:)