PDA

View Full Version : Heated Windshield not working properly

TNdisco2
12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Wanted to see if anyone has had the same experience I've had and what they did to resolve it. My heated front windshield only defrost in certain areas and it just happens that one of the areas it doesn't is right where I need to see out when I leave in the mornings. It defrosts a small line on the fall left and then about a 4 inch line behind the rear-view mirror and then leaves the rest with frost. Do you think I'm just going to have to cough up the money to get a new windshield? Thanks.

artemis43
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Wanted to see if anyone has had the same experience I've had and what they did to resolve it. My heated front windshield only defrost in certain areas and it just happens that one of the areas it doesn't is right where I need to see out when I leave in the mornings. It defrosts a small line on the fall left and then about a 4 inch line behind the rear-view mirror and then leaves the rest with frost. Do you think I'm just going to have to cough up the money to get a new windshield? Thanks.

All I can tell you from my limited experience is that my thermostat and coolant problems seemed to occur just after my windshield was not defrosting properly. Get it checked out now...I am currently having all sorts of problems that may have been prevented with attention to this one detail. Peace.:)

Terrys
01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Do you think I'm just going to have to cough up the money to get a new windshield? Thanks.

Uh Huh.