PDA

View Full Version : Rare Custom Special Vehicles G4 04 Discovery for sale

Breilstyle
12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I am concidering selling my truck it is stored in a climate controlled storage..
Special Vehicles 04 g4 Discovery
arb front bumper..
custom rovertym suspension..
rovertym rocksliders..
new starter..
new mobile 1 oil...
I also have new side decals..
and a safety device roof rack (missing mounts)
aproximately 6,000 miles on a new 4.6 installed by Land Rover!!
vehicle has 80,000 miles..
I have all service records from new including the window sticker..
this has the G4 5 speed automatic transmission!!!
cold climate package.. full rubber mats..
perfect condition...
email
breilstyle@comcast.net
248-756-3505
$25,000
to the right person...

j visci
12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
So this is an actual event truck?

GriffSC
12-17-2008, 02:24 PM
So this is an actual event truck?

the seller mentions "window sticker" so, clearly, it's one of the 200 '04 Disco G4s LR produced for sale to the public (i own one myself).

be nice to see some pics, especially of the "custom" suspension.

j visci
12-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Hence my confusion. To the best of my knowledge the G4 sold here was not a LRSV and came w/ a 4 speed auto. I too own an '04.

dcwhybrew
12-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Definitely not a $25,000 vehicle....:eek:

Good luck

Breilstyle
12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi, does your G4 have the 4 speed auto?
this truck definately has the 5 speed..

Breilstyle
12-19-2008, 02:40 PM
This truck was checked by Land Rover to be a Special Vehicles G4.. and they confirmed it is registered at Special Vehicles determined by the vin code..

Breilstyle
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
the seller mentions "window sticker" so, clearly, it's one of the 200 '04 Disco G4s LR produced for sale to the public (i own one myself).

be nice to see some pics, especially of the "custom" suspension.

Does your truck also have the 5 speed auto?
I did find one that also had a 4 speed..

GriffSC
12-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Does your truck also have the 5 speed auto?
I did find one that also had a 4 speed..

4-spd

Breilstyle
12-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Being a Land Rover owner for 12 years and owning many models.. from Series 1, 5 speed manual Disco's and autos.. I still own my first Disco 5 speed its been with me from coast to coast and we have had many great adventures, I have owned a 87 RR with duel square headlights and a 93 & a 95 LWB.. a 109 and my G4 and now I am soon to become the owner of a Special Edition Beluga Black 94 NAS Defender with hardtop and rare leather seats.. there were only 100 of these made.. and No I have yet to join a club or attend events, and I have often joked that in my town I have the hardest working Rover.. being close to wealthy Oakland co. Mi. we would pass the garage queen Rovers as ours was loades with workers, tools and towing boats and boat dock equiptment..I just recently joined this forum in hopes to find a new owner for my 109.. I realy thought listing it here I may find someone who appreciats it as much as I do...I do most all of my service myself, the local Orchard now has a 94 series 1 Disco after many years of inquiring about mine, I am now proud to see one on the farm in this small town.. it often amazes me how little respect these series 1 Disco's get being that they are exactely part for part Defenders with a different body!!! maby to someone else my G4 is not woth 25,000 but to me its worth more.. "so if you wanna drive a watered down ford than over pay for a LR3".. this is a quote from my friend and top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan.. but really we are all here because there is something we all love about our Rovers.. I also have wondered why I have not found another 5 speed G4 yet? but I'm proud to own one..I would not own a Disco without a diff lock.. and the 04 is the good by to the series II model.. so I wish you all one.. and I wish you all many happy miles for whatever reason you drive them....

msggunny
12-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Being a Land Rover owner for 12 years and owning many models.. from Series 1, 5 speed manual Disco's and autos.. I still own my first Disco 5 speed its been with me from coast to coast and we have had many great adventures, I have owned a 87 RR with duel square headlights and a 93 & a 95 LWB.. a 109 and my G4 and now I am soon to become the owner of a Special Edition Beluga Black 94 NAS Defender with hardtop and rare leather seats.. there were only 100 of these made.. and No I have yet to join a club or attend events, and I have often joked that in my town I have the hardest working Rover.. being close to wealthy Oakland co. Mi. we would pass the garage queen Rovers as ours was loades with workers, tools and towing boats and boat dock equiptment..I just recently joined this forum in hopes to find a new owner for my 109.. I realy thought listing it here I may find someone who appreciats it as much as I do...I do most all of my service myself, the local Orchard now has a 94 series 1 Disco after many years of inquiring about mine, I am now proud to see one on the farm in this small town.. it often amazes me how little respect these series 1 Disco's get being that they are exactely part for part Defenders with a different body!!! maby to someone else my G4 is not woth 25,000 but to me its worth more.. "so if you wanna drive a watered down ford than over pay for a LR3".. this is a quote from my friend and top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan.. but really we are all here because there is something we all love about our Rovers.. I also have wondered why I have not found another 5 speed G4 yet? but I'm proud to own one..I would not own a Disco without a diff lock.. and the 04 is the good by to the series II model.. so I wish you all one.. and I wish you all many happy miles for whatever reason you drive them....

Well in that case, i hope you find someone who will pay $25K for it...

Posting pictures would help sell it by the way....

Breilstyle
12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Well in that case, i hope you find someone who will pay $25K for it...

Posting pictures would help sell it by the way....

I'm not really interested in selling it, just thought if someone was looking for this truck then I would sell it.. it sounds like this one is a little different then the rest anyway..

BackInA88
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
If he was a little closer I would drive over and check out for you guys.:D

http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/960577063.html

I saw this pop up as I am always looking for LR deals.

I would also be interested in finding this person "top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan" as I have yet to find one myself!:mad:

Steve

Breilstyle
12-27-2008, 02:55 AM
If he was a little closer I would drive over and check out for you guys.:D

http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/960577063.html

I saw this pop up as I am always looking for LR deals.

I would also be interested in finding this person "top master Land Rover mechanic of Michigan" as I have yet to find one myself!:mad:

Steve
The first certified master Land Rover mechanic can be found in Birmingham.. I'm sure there is more now but Al was the first in the state and he is a great guy.. yes Land Rover Dealers are often hard to do business with and often very unhelpfull, but Al is a great guy and a great mechanic.. I checked the Discovery adds as I was listing my G4 and there is a $22,000 truck thats not a G4 or anything special.. but I really think every time I read this it mostly sounds negative.. this is only my opinion but thats how it always sounds to me.. someone is either puting down someone elses truck or the lack of mechanics or what someone else is asking for there truck.. not sure why, but this is probably why I avoid these kind of forums to begin with.. drive them if you like them and be happy for others who are enjoying life.. rather than disrespecting each other why dont we just say "hey sounds like a nice truck" "I also really enjoy my Land Rovers, maybe I'll see you around sometime" "safe travels" and I didn't list my G4 so others could "check it out if there close" I listed in case someone was interested in collecting it and appreciating it as much as I do..

kevin-ct
12-27-2008, 07:27 AM
PLEASE post a pic of this G4. Maybe one of the gear shifter to show the 5 speeds. I also had one (as I work for Land Rover)

G4 is a fun drive until some one hits a tree!

Stephen99D1
01-03-2009, 01:08 AM
The first certified master Land Rover mechanic can be found in Birmingham.. I'm sure there is more now but Al was the first in the state and he is a great guy.. yes Land Rover Dealers are often hard to do business with and often very unhelpfull, but Al is a great guy and a great mechanic.. I checked the Discovery adds as I was listing my G4 and there is a $22,000 truck thats not a G4 or anything special.. but I really think every time I read this it mostly sounds negative.. this is only my opinion but thats how it always sounds to me.. someone is either puting down someone elses truck or the lack of mechanics or what someone else is asking for there truck.. not sure why, but this is probably why I avoid these kind of forums to begin with.. drive them if you like them and be happy for others who are enjoying life.. rather than disrespecting each other why dont we just say "hey sounds like a nice truck" "I also really enjoy my Land Rovers, maybe I'll see you around sometime" "safe travels" and I didn't list my G4 so others could "check it out if there close" I listed in case someone was interested in collecting it and appreciating it as much as I do..

Breilstyle,
Easy on the venom. Surely you've perused the internet enough in the last few years to realize that there are a lot of people who try to intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent goods. I'm not trying to insinuate that is what you are trying to do, but rather that you should try to understand why so many people want to see pictures, more details, or have a third party provide a first hand account of the vehicle. This is especially true in the case of a vehicle such as the one you own - a possible SV with an unusual transmission.
As for the price, consider these facets:
1) A rare G4 event Special Vehicle ( as opposed to the usual G4 Limited Edition "sticker/seat package") would be a nice collectors vehicle and possibly worth the price you ask for it. However, that same collector would probably frown on the modifications which move the vehicle away from the core of it's appeal.
2) If I read your post correctly, it's got 80k and has already needed a new engine?!?!
3) I've checked Autotrader for 04 D2's in my area (SoCal, hence possibly less corrosion issues) and the average price is less than $14k. Yes, these are "regular" D2s and not G4s, but when ARB bumpers, RTE suspension, and other modifications are completed on a rare vehicle, it loses much of its appeal as a collectible since it becomes more and more like the rest of the vehicles on the market (obviously ties back into #1).

It's too bad you don't like visiting forums like this where knowledgeable and experienced people share that knowledge and experience and sometimes ask some tough questions based on the aforementioned knowledge and experience.

Breilstyle
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Breilstyle,
Easy on the venom. Surely you've perused the internet enough in the last few years to realize that there are a lot of people who try to intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent goods. I'm not trying to insinuate that is what you are trying to do, but rather that you should try to understand why so many people want to see pictures, more details, or have a third party provide a first hand account of the vehicle. This is especially true in the case of a vehicle such as the one you own - a possible SV with an unusual transmission.
As for the price, consider these facets:
1) A rare G4 event Special Vehicle ( as opposed to the usual G4 Limited Edition "sticker/seat package") would be a nice collectors vehicle and possibly worth the price you ask for it. However, that same collector would probably frown on the modifications which move the vehicle away from the core of it's appeal.
2) If I read your post correctly, it's got 80k and has already needed a new engine?!?!
3) I've checked Autotrader for 04 D2's in my area (SoCal, hence possibly less corrosion issues) and the average price is less than $14k. Yes, these are "regular" D2s and not G4s, but when ARB bumpers, RTE suspension, and other modifications are completed on a rare vehicle, it loses much of its appeal as a collectible since it becomes more and more like the rest of the vehicles on the market (obviously ties back into #1).

It's too bad you don't like visiting forums like this where knowledgeable and experienced people share that knowledge and experience and sometimes ask some tough questions based on the aforementioned knowledge and experience.

Hi, Your right it is always great to learn from others who may have more knowledge in a subject..
the D2 4.6 ltr has an oil pump issue and you will at times find rovers with new motors, in some cases the dealers would cover this replacement.. this G4 has not spent its whole life in MI. and it is being stored in a climate controlled storage.. there is no rust anywhere.. and it is off the market and will stay in our family for now.. we are not that interested in all origional trucks.. my father owns the #1 paced 57 Thunderbird in the country.. awarded this title by Ford.. and he literally does not even like it now, it just sits in his garage.. before the high quality restoration he drove it and enjoyed it, now with out even radial tires and all origional equiptment it drives and leaks like a 52 year old car.. so I concider the upgraded g4 to be an upgrade and just more fun.. thats not for everyone I know but we like our vehicles and I love my Rovers, life is short lets go put some miles under our belts.. my friend saw my first Rover when I brought it home many years ago and asked "are you paying for it" I replied "yes" and he said "lets go put some miles on it" I agree they are more fun to drive than to look at.. thanks for stopping in to check out the G!!!

dannyballs
01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
There were at total of 22 Disco II's built for the '03 Challenge that were brought into the US. They were all 2003 model year vehicles. The 5 speed tranny is unique even for an '04 model. If this Disco is an '04, there is a high probability that it is 1 of the 200 LE vehicles sold by the dealers. I own the number 78 vehicle from the '03 challenge and she was used in NY as a media vehicle and in Moab as a competitor vehicle. I have done a fair amount of research on these vehicles and have found two unique characteristics among the event vehicles. The first is that the roof was not stamped for the OEM roof rails. This allowed the fitting of the SD low profile roof rack with no holes to plug. The second was the addition of a fairly large relay box that was fitted in the battery compartment between the battery and the bottle jack. This relay is the main source of power for the 6 WARN SDB 160 lamps. Every other item that was fitted to the G4 event Disco's would have been commercially available via LR, Mantec, WARN, etc.

GriffSC
01-22-2009, 02:07 PM
interesting info. thanks for sharing. post a pic of your "real-deal" '03.

dannyballs
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Here is a photo of the truck.

GriffSC
01-23-2009, 06:14 PM
that's sure clean!

dannyballs
01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks. I purchased her back in Feb from LR in Centerville, UT with 30k. She now has 33K on her. Do you know where I can score a Mantec fuel tank guard? I am hot after one and am running into walls trying to secure one.