PDA

View Full Version : Bad air blower switch

ramosr
12-16-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a 1996 Landrover Discovery and the air blower switch intermitently stops working. Currently, when it functions it only works at the highest setting. Can someone tell me if the Temperature Controls module is resonably easy to replace or is it a major undertaking? If it is reasonably easy, can you provide instructions?

Thanks,
Rich

SGFMORover
12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
fixed similar issue on mine with new relay, haven't done a controller though sorry. have you checked RAVE manual?

Hammer38
12-20-2008, 08:49 AM
My 98 does it interrimently when on high. I've heard you can remove the control head & clean the contacts, but I just live with it for now.

joshua.mcguoirk
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I 'jam' a book of matches between the switch and the fascia with success. Stay green and buy used. http://www.roverlandparts.com sells the head unit for approximately $75.00.

Cheers,

spacemutt
03-08-2009, 03:50 AM
This is a common problem with Disco. The problem is the controller is attached to the heater matrix, and to get that out you need to take the dash out! My off roader Disco doesn't have working heaters, but I figured it's not worth the two days of work to put a new matrix in.