PDA

View Full Version : Help with the 4.0 ve engine !newbie

PATRICK-DISCO2002
12-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Hello everybody!I owned my 2002 Disco since last month ( 103.xxx miles on it ) I just did the brakes and I was very happy about it:-) I think now I have bigger problem !from the beginnig I heard some knocking when I accelerate on idle was fine, engine was working smooth -first I think that its U-joint ( and is still very possible ) but after changing oil I start hearing some king of pumping air from passenger side of engine ( 6 maybe 8 cylinder just under exaust collector gasket and it's throwing hot oil out strait in aluminium cover of starter -it's getting louder and louder but engine is working smooth -coolant and oil level stais the same !it;s really laud right now and it's killing me ! head gasket ? gasket under coollector ?when I slide my finger when engine was working I found the small whole ( maybe like for 1/4 inch round bolt?? ) really hot air with little bit of hot oil coming out ( burn my glove ) Please help!

Les Parker
12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Hello,

Sounds like you have either a cracked RH exhaust manifold or blowing gaskets.
Here's a link to our page :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/c-392-manifolds.aspx (http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/../store/c-392-manifolds.aspx)

Regards

PATRICK-DISCO2002
12-30-2008, 10:38 PM
I hope You right about this exaust ! It's much better that replacing head gasket !:-) Will see tomorrow I drop off my car in lake villa rover shop (www.therovershopinc.com ) They seem nice :-)and I hope they can resolve this problem and they don't gonna shut me with the price !!:-)Thank You one more time

PATRICK-DISCO2002
12-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Unfortunetlly they said that part of the head gasket is missing :-( parts and labor $1775 + drive belt( + $225 ) and a I have two leaks of oil and coolant at front of the engine ( gasket under front cover -they ask for extra $670 ? gasket is $13)it's not too much for labor ? (I'm asking becouse I'm not similar with labor time needed to fix that ! ) Thks

Hammer38
12-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Missing? I'd get a second opinion about that. The front cover usually paid about 2.5 under warranty, so I'd say 4.0 CP. And $225 for a serp belt is a rip.....they would take it off doing the ft cover. Where did you go.....Land Rover Austin?:rolleyes:

And P.S.....I wouldn't advertise my license plate number all over the internet.