PDA

View Full Version : 95 RRC - Won't Start! Ideas?

highmile
01-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I just completed the coil conversion at midnight last night on my 95 RRC. I hope to never have to use another coil press again. What a pain!
I took the truck for a test drive last night and it drove nicely. I was all pumped to drive it to work this morning. This morning I moved some vehicles around to get the RRC in the “going to work position”. The truck started up fine and everything. I only ran it for maybe a minute to move it. Kiss the wife and kids goodbye, and now the RRC will not start. It kind of acts like it’s not getting fuel, but I think the pump is running and such. I have read a few posts on here with “no start” issues, but not sure if any would apply to my situation. Could the truck be cutting fuel to the engine for some reason, and just need to be “reset” someplace? Where should I begin?
Thanks!

kevin-ct
01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
My wifes 95 RRC did the same thing. Started it up moved it, restarted it and it didnt start. When I turned on the key I didn't hear the fuel pump run (it should run for about 3 sec)
i found the wire connector had a bad pin. With a pick I cleaned as best as possible and it started and ran nice. I got a used connector from Paul Grant and spliced it in.

Or, it may need a new fuel pump.

Why did you need to use a spring compresssor when you swap to coil springs?

highmile
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, I get home this evening and the RRC starts up just fine. Could I have just flooded the engine and it needed time to settle?

kevin-ct
01-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Could it be water in the fuel that turned to ice? Or, a bad connection.

Terrys
01-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Well, I get home this evening and the RRC starts up just fine. Could I have just flooded the engine and it needed time to settle?
Unless you have other sensor issues, it's almost (sic) impossible to flood an EFI engine.

AndrewG
01-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I had an identical intermittent problem with my '95 and it drove me to distraction !

I went through the logic process we all do;

Pump - Took the back apart, got to the top of the tank connected 12V to the pump and it worked

Connections and Wires - Cleaned, put testers on either end, no issues

Finally I got back to the relays by the passenger side behind the kick panel and there I found a fuel relay with corroded legs. Of course, I also found a gaping big hole above the fuses from the engine compartment behind the firewall where water was stream over the fuses and relays when ever it rained !

The joys of a RR ! :)