PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield Heater Questions....

KingSlug
01-13-2009, 04:28 AM
I was thinking about putting a Mansfield Heater in my rover, but I was thinking wouldnt it be better if I could suck interior air into the heater rather than cold outside air?

I was wondering if anyone has pics of the interior ducting? I would like to pull the air through a louvered wiper motor cover placed in the package tray on the RHS.

Any help?

Jared

Jeff Aronson
01-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I live in Maine and have a Mansfield heater, vented through the usual fender hole. The heater is very effective even though it's pulliing fresh air from the outside - no need to worry.

I did find that I need to install a winter thermostat [88 degrees C] to get the most heat from the unit. It makes a huge difference in tacklng below 0 F temperatures.

It's a great enhancement in Series Rover comfort.

Jeff

Blueboy
01-13-2009, 12:35 PM
The heater is very effective even though it's pulliing fresh air from the outside - no need to worry

yep, I'll second that.

it really does put out some very hot heat.

Jaime

yorker
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
you want to suck in fresh air ad heat it becaus it has less moisture than internal cabin air. If you recirculate heat you end up blowing warm moist air on a cold windscreen and get more condensation.

So the fresh air inlet definitely helps- though not as much as modern heaters that engage the AC and cool/dry the air then heat it when put on defrost.

adkrover
01-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Absolutely don't worry about it. I have a Mansfield and it blows so hot you don't need to worry about recirculating interior air. Like others said, it will fog the windows more if you recirculate the air.

Tim Smith
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Don't forget that you want to keep positive pressure in the cabin to fight against all those leaky seals. ;)