PDA

View Full Version : ^^^LIFT^^^1998 Disco 1

jpc1818
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey guys,

due to a new car purchase, i can now make my 98 disco into the offroad beast it deserves to be.
1) i want a 2" or 3" lift, who makes the best kit?
2) Best tires?
3) any other cool stuff needed for offroading?

Thanks in advance

Thanks- James

I Leak Oil
01-22-2009, 06:28 AM
There is plenty of info on this at www.Discoweb.org (http://www.Discoweb.org) .
If you go there do yourself a favor and search your subject matter first then ask any other questions. I understand it's new to you but it's one of those subjects that have been beaten to death on Dweb!
Jason T.

CliftonRover
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I would look at rovertym lifts I have heard only good things, if you think you will be carrying a lot of weight then the old man emu extra HD kit with springs and shocks works well, I use this and a 2 inch spacer kit, it gives me about 4 1/2" of lift, you would be fine without the spacers though.
rovertym bumpers are very good also. I would look into the BFG km 2's or the cheaper interco truxis m/t's for tires both are great off road and not bad on road either.
As far as accesorising your truck get the lift, tires, and bumpers, and then look into winches and lights.

jpc1818
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks for the input.
I will start working on the truck soon and post pictures of progress

spacemutt
02-15-2009, 04:54 AM
You can go to 2" without much hassle. One of my Discos has +2" springs with standard radius arms and it's a little wandery but not bad. Go any higher and you will need to change the bushes for caster correction versions of cranked radius arms. This gets expensive. You don't actually need to go any higher than "2. It's all down to what image you want for the vehicle. "2 will allow you to fit 238/85r16 (or equivalent) tyres and this is more than enough. Off road with anything bigger and you risk breaking half shafts.

Also bear in mind you will go through UJs more quickly. They are under greater stress at that angle. Any more than 2" lift then you might find your UJ yokes locking up at extreme angles.

joshua.mcguoirk
03-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey guys,

due to a new car purchase, i can now make my 98 disco into the offroad beast it deserves to be.
1) i want a 2" or 3" lift, who makes the best kit?
2) Best tires?
3) any other cool stuff needed for offroading?

Thanks in advance

Thanks- James

Check out the following link... I've had much success with their products:

http://www.rovertym.com

Cheers,