PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar

jimsshuman
01-26-2009, 10:12 AM
this placard is on the right side of my seat box. i assume this was from an earlier owner business of some sort across the pond. anyone know what it is?

jimsshuman
01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
well imagine that, just found it on wiki. quarry products!

greenmeanie
01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I remember seeing their trucks on road construction projects. I suppose they'd be supplying the material for the road bed. IIRC their vehicles were painted a really nasty mustard/brown/yellow colour and the company logo was some dort of interlocking T pattern.

jimsshuman
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
yeah i think i see that color your talking about on their website. pretty bad. that's actually one color that that i haven't seen on my truck , but there's a whole hodge podge of others on there. the newest paint job on it is a dark, forest or british racing green, if you will. under that tho is a really nice. little darker, little greener olive drab, possibly mod (would like to go back to this one day). and then there's carolina blue under the green on the hard top and rear door, and a carloina blue hood which didn't get any green(yeah it looks real nice). and also black bumpers and rims. my truck seems to have some mod parts, such as leaf springs, and some civi stuff, like rear cross member. idk. i guess its what you might call a bitsa!
oh, and that tarmac company was/is in all sorts of industries. quarry stuffs, aggregates, road/bridge/building construction.... been around since at least the 20's.

slorocco
01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I see your sig line says your planning a 4BT and NV4500. :thumb-up: What transfer case are you planning on? Watch your end to end gear ratios. I have a 4BT, SM420 trans going into an LT230. Combine that with the 4.7:1 diffs and the top speed is slower than a stock rover, if you can imagine that.

Keep us posted on the conversion.

jimsshuman
01-27-2009, 03:47 PM
i've seen your posts and video and plan on hitting you up for info when ever i get started on the project. so far i've just collected parts. already have the motor, and trans, and still need to get an np205. the 4500 is 26% overdriven so hopefully the 4.7's will suffice but may end up switching to the 3.54's. just gonna wait and see. (my math and knowledge aren't enough to compute the rev's/speed etc from the gear numbers and tire size) there's a guy on the hybrid/bowler/wildcat forum (oldhaven)(i don't think he frequents the forums anymore tho, too bad) who put the 4bt with the F-350 5 speed (24% overdrive) and rear end (3.73) and got something like 68 mph at 1800 rpms. that would be a dream but i'll just have to wait and see what i get.
slo, maybe i could get your email address so that when i do get started with my stuff, i could solicit info that way instead of boring the other patrons?
thanks
mw

yorker
01-27-2009, 04:36 PM
i've seen your posts and video and plan on hitting you up for info when ever i get started on the project. so far i've just collected parts. already have the motor, and trans, and still need to get an np205. the 4500 is 26% overdriven so hopefully the 4.7's will suffice but may end up switching to the 3.54's. just gonna wait and see. (my math and knowledge aren't enough to compute the rev's/speed etc from the gear numbers and tire size)

use this:
http://www.4lo.com/calc/gearratio.htm

and aim for ~1600-1800 cruising RPM.

:thumb-up:

also join here:
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/index.php

jimsshuman
01-27-2009, 08:43 PM
according to that i'll make 60 mph at 2191 revs. then if i go with the 3.54's 60 will be at 1650. hmmm, i may be needing a new gear set.