PDA

View Full Version : defender

yank
02-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I came across this, I don't know much about 110's but I thought the price was low? I would think you could just flip it and make some money.

http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cfm?Show_Notepad=Yes&bnAd_ID=6661769&TheDealer=

Jeff Aronson
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
It's "low priced" for a Defender 110 NAS, not for my budget :). If you look at the photos you see some signs of the rust that afflicts the NAS 110's. With 130,000 miles, you hope that the requisite maintenance has been done on the V-8.

Copley Motors in the Boston area has a lot of experience buying and selling Defenders, and East Coast Rover in Maine has overseen many, many refurbishments and restorations of the NAS 110's. They're probably both very familiar with the problems associated with these 16 year old Rovers.

But if someone wants to give me one as a gift..... :)

Jeff

Eric W S
02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I came across this, I don't know much about 110's but I thought the price was low? I would think you could just flip it and make some money.

http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cfm?Show_Notepad=Yes&bnAd_ID=6661769&TheDealer=

Interesting to see if this sets a benchmark for D110 pricing due to the economy.

I mean as cool as a 110 is, the 50k and up prices were always over inflated due to demand exceeding supply IMO.

Blueboy
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Eric,

What might be even more telling is the Coniston Green 110 as well as the original BR 110 for sale with Copely that ECR did.

if it were possible, it would be interesting to see how much they sold for vs how much they were to buy.

Jaime

Eric W S
02-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Eric,

What might be even more telling is the Coniston Green 110 as well as the original BR 110 for sale with Copely that ECR did.

if it were possible, it would be interesting to see how much they sold for vs how much they were to buy.

Jaime

Mike has hinted at costs for some of his work. Interestingly enough, he mentioned that his trucks rarely hit the market and hold most of their value. I can see that as it is basically a new truck. They'll get good money I bet.

I still say your truck but with a deisel in it would blow away any Defender 110. Just looks so much cooler.

Blueboy
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks Eric - appreciate the comment.

If I were to do it over again, I would install a diesel especially after owning a 110 with the 300TDi in Brasil.

However, hindsight is always 20/20 and while the V8 is thirsty, it has been very reliable so far and a blast to drive on and off-hwy.

They'll get good money I bet

I would also expect it knowing what goes into them, yet, it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

Jaime