PDA

View Full Version : Rock Sliders fit to Mansfield frame

willincalgary
02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Will our hosts rock sliders for the Series 88" fit to there own Mansfield Series II/IIa/III civilian frame? I have a Series II built on a Mansfield frame and I am hoping it is a no-fab install.

Leslie
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Marsland?

They should..... Marsland chassis seen here are mostly SIII ones. You can rebuild a II or a IIa on a III chassis or vice-versa, there's a few minor differences with the tub bracketry under the seatbox, etc.... the sliders should mount the same to the chassis across all three...

willincalgary
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Marsland?

They should..... Marsland chassis seen here are mostly SIII ones. You can rebuild a II or a IIa on a III chassis or vice-versa, there's a few minor differences with the tub bracketry under the seatbox, etc.... the sliders should mount the same to the chassis across all three...

Marsland is correct. Sorry the other Ma*n*d manufactured Landrover part. :)

Escargo
02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a series lla restored on what I believe is a Marsland galvanized chassis and have installed rock sliders from our host. The front and rear attachments go easily but the attachment points in the middle do not line up well at all. I don't believe the middle attachments are nearly as important as they are fairly "lightweight" but it was frustrating.