PDA

View Full Version : Art Bitterman: Rest in Peace

Leslie
02-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I just got off the phone with Art's best friend Jim.

Art had had another stroke, and had slipped into a coma. Last night, tests indicated that brain activity had ceased. They're awaiting for his mother to arrive, then will pull the plug.

Rest well, Art, you are truly missed.....

KevinNY
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Slainte Art.

KB

daveb
02-07-2009, 11:47 PM
So long, Art. Thanks for everything you've given to this community. Rove on.

Eric W S
02-08-2009, 04:09 PM
That's such a shame. :(

Rest in peace.

galen216
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Sad to here, glad the suffering is over for Art's sake.

Blueboy
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
great loss to the Series Rover community.

may he rest in peace.

thx Leslie for letting us know.

Jaime

S11A
02-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I did not have the honor of knowing Art, and don't know much about him, but a Google search turned up some info related to Guns n Rovers and Bayou Rovers. Would someone be able to provide a brief bio?

Leslie
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Sweet guy, born in '52. Enlisted, did 20 in the USAF, working on Aardvark avionics. Picked up a '60 SII in '90 while stationed in the UK, brought it back when he rotated back stateside. Retired, went to gunsmithing school in Trinidad CO, then moved to Warner-Robins to open a gunshop with his best friend Jim. I first met him here on RN's and British Bulldog's forums over a decade ago (when Ike was still in high-school, and was on the boards, too). After BB's forum died, Art decided to start his own, Guns and Rovers (any similarity to a band name was completely coincidental and unintended). A bit over year ago, he had a stroke, and entered the VA. He recovered physically, but mentally, was stuck 'before the stroke'. His family had recently relocated him from GA to TX to a specialty facility to begin to work on redeveloping those cognative skills. Then, he had another stroke, and only made it a week. :(