PDA

View Full Version : Great Land Rover offroading site!! Check it out

Dantelaterra
02-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, and gals!
I built a site for fun for me and my friend, and now I think it'd be cool to build it up. The site is www.LROffroad.com (http://www.LROffroad.com) and on it you will see a Reader's Rides section. You'll notice me my bro and best friend and a newly added guy on there. I would love to add a bunch of you on there and post stories about you all and your Rover's. Check it out, and if you wanna e-mail me 4 pics of your Rover, and a brief description about it then a story about offroading in it, or even just how you can fit all your kids gear in it. Then I will make you your own page on the site in the Reader's Rides section and possibly feature you and your store on the front page! Then you can show people you know that you Rover is featured online.
You can get my e-mail on the site, and let me know what you think about the site! I hope to build it and make it really cool!:thumb-up:

CliftonRover
02-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi I live in Killingworth CT just over the madison town line. I think I have seen the big disco around. keep posting your events I would like to join you guys.

Dantelaterra
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi I live in Killingworth CT just over the madison town line. I think I have seen the big disco around. keep posting your events I would like to join you guys.
I will definately keep you posted when I hear something. We used to go with the Guilford dealership. The people there are really nice, and do an event quarterly. The last event I did with them was incredible, we took a bunch of LR3's and and some disco 2's and a P38 and hit up some trails in deep river. The cool thing about deep river is that there's some easy trails and some trails that get pretty hairy, we did the hairy trails with all these new stock rover's and everyone got through with no issues, there was one hill climb that only the modified rover's got up, but it was a great time!

My friend and I used to hit a little mud spot just under a bridge off rt1 in Madison. What are you driving?

CliftonRover
02-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I have a few, series trucks 88 sw (dark green plow truck) and 109 sw (tdi,disco axles,winch,dark green), 96 disco (red), 89 RRC (black, lifted, winches, soon to be converted to a defender flat bed pick-up). I hosted a Guilford rover event at my house last spring I think.. can't remember. I know a few of the guys down there.

Dantelaterra
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
NO way, alst spring I was in Charlotte!, My friend Bobby used to work at that dealership and I bought my last Range off of Lars, who I hear just opened his own shop! I also bought a set of tyres off of Fred one time. So you know them? They all work or have worked at Land Rover Guilford, you can see my friend Bobby who used to work there on the Reader's Rides section of LROffroad.com. He's still in CT if you ever wanna go offroad with him! you should send me some pics and stories at Dantelaterra@gmail.com so I can put your trucks up on my site. I just added 4 videos to it last night, and I might add another 3 tonight. These videos are crazy!!:thumb-up:

CliftonRover
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Lars was an eagle scout in my dads boy scout troop years ago I know him well and I have met Fred throught the events. I haven't spoken with Lars in a couple months you said he opened his own shop. I do business with Mike Holland a lot who also used to work there.

Dantelaterra
02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I cant belive you know Mike Holland too, I used to stop by his shop all the time to pull parts of some of his rovers there to keep mine running after doing all sorts of damage offroad:) that's too funny... I'm still waiting for some pics and a story by the way:) have you checked out the videos on the site yet?

CliftonRover
02-11-2009, 05:55 PM
here are a couple pics they are not too recent the trucks are always evolving.

CliftonRover
02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
there is one more sorry for the quality I had my camera set for low resolution, also I am not really sure how to upload images correctly.
also I can't believe i dont have any picture of my disco. I have build 7 or 8 trucks now, Zanes Bike shop in branford had their 109 rebuild, and a few other people from around the country. my disco is stock, it is actually mikes loaner truck, but he kept it very clean. my rangie cane from him, but i have also bout two other parts trucks from him an 81 RRC and a 94 LWB RRC.
I am going to check out the videos now, you will have to come to the rally I hold in the fall this year, but we will go wheeling before then.

Dantelaterra
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I like that truck alot! Hollands Garage has an old Series truck there that I want real bad, but I think Mike told me the guy wants 9k for it:eek: I'm not that rich... Haha Unfortunately my 23 years of existance has resulted in a ton of accomplishments, but not alot of cash:) I actually live in NC now, but let me know when you do the event and I'll see if I can plan a trip up to see my buddy in CT. He is getting married in July and I know he'll be cool with going offroad before the wedding so maybe then.
Ihope you like the video! That one of the LR3 is insane, some really cool vids of some classics too. I'll try to get some of your pics up tonight! Your Rover's are great, that truck is literally my dream car. I design house and I woul love to be the architect who drives the old Rover truck around!

CliftonRover
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Mike had a 109 series IIA full length hard top that I rebuild for the owner and also a 109 series IIA pick up that was converted from an ambulence that I also did a lot of work on, those are the only series trucks i have seen down there, but yes they were nice.

Dantelaterra
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I just added you to the site, and added a few videos...... I have a ton more to do to that site, haha, I feel like everytime I add something everything changes:) I really wanna get it built to where I'm happy with it, then let it be rad!! u can check youtself out www.LROffroad.com:thumb-up:

I think it was the ambulance truck that I liked, it had Trxus M/T's on it. Real nice truck, if only I had the $9k

JimCT
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
That was probably our truck. Heading up to the Winter Romp tomorrow. Jim

Dantelaterra
02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
That was probably our truck. Heading up to the Winter Romp tomorrow. Jim

That is one awesome truck! I wont lie, I dream about those!:thumb-up: What is this winter romp? You should send me some pics! sounds like fun! Sunday I get to go pick up my Range at RoverTym, wish I could have been there to use my new winch and bumper:)

Dantelaterra
02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Clifton Rover did you see your page up on the site :) I got alittle excited anf gave you quite the title, check it out, http://www.LROffroad.com you're in Reader's Rides section! I just added some crazy awesome videos too!! incredible videos of Land Rover's off road, everything from RR classics to LR3's! My favorite is the LR3 video where the thing is practicly vertical!