PDA

View Full Version : 109 middle seat belts

HybridIIA
02-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hello - does anyone have photos that they could share of the factory setup for the middle seat belt mounting brackets for a 109 station wagon? I purchased the stock brackets, but it's not real obvious (at least to me) as to how they mount or where to drill mounting holes. Below is a photo one of the lower mounting brackets I purchased (#347844). I can see that it is supposed to lie on top of the angled portion of the door "B" post but the door post is a hollow boxed section. To mount these am I supposed to drill & bolt through the boxed section w/ a sleeve in the hollow section? I have similar questions on the upper mounting bracket also. I would appreciate it if anyone could post or email me photos of their stock upper & lower brackets. My email is offroverin at cox dot net. Thanks.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Mogly406/DSC06710.jpg

SafeAirOne
02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
From the view of yours, I can't tell if this is what you're looking for or not, but here's 2 photos of my FRONT seat shoulder belt anchors, located on the TOP of the "B" pillar on my 109. Both photos are of the left/hand shoulder anchor. Photo 1 is the view as if you are sitting in the rear seat looking forward. Photo 2 is the view from the front seat looking back at the "B" pillar:

Hormel
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Mogly406,
That is the bracket I used on the middle row of seats on my 109. I put the short angle section down. It was mounted farther inside from the door than I would have thought. I believe RN has a diagram in their catalog, I am not sure if I got it correct myself so I will be interested in how you do it or how others have.

I initially started with the retracting sets but they were going to make such a mess with the upper mounts I went to the static belts and the simpler bracket mounted behind the vinyl panel at the top. (if that makes sense) In the future I plan to attack the inertia belts again, at least for the front seats.

(The picture angle is not very good since I could not get far enough away with the camera.)
John

HybridIIA
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the photos! In the meantime I did some googling and found exactly what I was after. I stumbled upon a UK forum that has a bunch of photos and the original fitting instructions. You will need to register to see the photos, but the link is here...
http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=78643&highlight=middle+seat+belt
Somewhere near the bottom of the link, a guy posted photos of the brackets installed & instructions. Hormel, you were very close, the correct location, only the lower bracket gets mounted from underneath the vehicle.

Hormel
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Mogly406,
Thanks for the links. Wow, under not over, who'da thunk? Looks like a gotta little fixing to do.
Thanks
John