PDA

View Full Version : 2.25 Fan Belt

enovey
02-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know if a replacement fan belt for a gas 2.25 can be had from a local napa, advance auto or auto zone? If so, could someone provide the part number or size belt needed?
I tried a search by didn't find what I was looking for immediately. If someone has a link, please provide it.
Unfortunately I do not have the broken belt or a spare to bring with me to see about a possible match.
Thanks in advance.

Jeff Aronson
02-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I know that Gates makes one that will fit in a pinch because I had to resort to that option once. Then I ordered the right one from Rovers North and keep the spare in the car, just in case. Why not just have one on hand?

Jeff

enovey
02-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks Jeff, this is just to get me by until the correct one shows up on my doorstep.

Jeff Aronson
02-12-2009, 09:10 AM
LOL - understood! Mine will always fail when I'm waiting for the spare to arrive :)

Jeff

SafeAirOne
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Just put a rope around all the pulleys and measure its length. Take that measurement to the local auto parts store and have them measure till they find the right one. Mind the position of the generator/alternator tensioner adjustment when you measure. Good luck to you if your local auto parts store is an Anvanced Auto, Auto Zone or VIP Auto Parts!

yank
02-12-2009, 08:42 PM
NAPA 25-7417