PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the voltage range for temp sender?

thixon
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm wondering if an aftermarket electronic gauge I have will work with the stock rover electronic sender.

Thanks,

Les Parker
03-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Electronic? On a Series veh?
Maybe I misssed something?
If the values are known of the sender, should be no problem to find a guage to suit.

thixon
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi Les.

I guess I could have given you a little more info. The 66 IIA I've been putting back together came to me "missing" a lot of things (go figure). One was a working set of gauges. The previous owner was good at buying parts, but not so good at putting said parts together so I have a huge collection of new parts in the bags from you guys that don't necessarily belong on this truck.

Anyway, the temp sender that came with the truck appears to be a sender for an electronic gauge. I say that because there is a male terminal hanging out of it, just waiting to be plugged into the female terminal of what I assume is an electronic rover temp gauge. The values for that sender are what I'm after (assuming its a rover sender).

thixon
03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Found it.

http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/Series/FAQ.S.GuagesTemperature.html

Les Parker
03-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Nice !!

Good find

:thumb-up:

S11A
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Travis,

It sounds like you found the answer, but for others in a similar position:

For senders of unknown origin, I would suggest hooking up a multi-meter to it to see the output. In the case of the temp sender, check it when the engine is cold and then again after driving on the highway or under load for a while to get a sense of the upper range.

Then you could check with various guage manufacturers to see what they have that is compatible. The guage may not be a perfect match but might be close.

Since the senders might be relatively cheap, a better option would be to buy the new guage you want and then buy the sender from the same manufacturer.