PDA

View Full Version : Update on my IIa project

thixon
03-06-2009, 08:11 AM
I hav'nt update on my progress in a while, so here goes.

My last posting showed my recent rebuild of the bottom half of my bulkhead, and the repaint. Since then, I've mounted the BH, installed the steering, painted and installed a bunch of small parts (kodiak, brackets, etc), had the head rebuilt, gotten the engine running, and started wiring the truck. I've been panel painting as I go, and need to paint the wing not mounted in the photos yet. My plan is to finish the truck from the bulkhead forward, then do the body and paint work on the bed and seatbox. Attadhed are some photos, but the resolution stinks.

thixon
03-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Did'nt attach last time. Here you can see the position of the fuse box. I plan on covering it with the plate normally used to cover the wire motor on a late IIa. Under the hood, the solenoid and coil are mounted where they'll stay. I plan to mount a remote reservoir for the clutch on the other side where the coil used to be. I hav'nt tied up all the wires, so excuse the mess.

scott
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
ain't it fun. i'm doing the same. engine is done, wings and wiring removed. power washing, wire brushing scheduled for this w/e. project started in sept when i fried my main bearings. dang i wanna be driving

JackIIA
03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
at least you guys are working on it. better than me just gawking at the rest of your handiwork and photos while my truck sits and waits for the attention it deserves. time to motivate.

Myron
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey Travis,

What's that headlight, fender, and sidelight sitting next to your Rover. Looks cool.

Myron

Donnie
03-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey Travis,

What's that headlight, fender, and sidelight sitting next to your Rover. Looks cool.

Myron
Might it be a 50 Ford ?

Linus Tremaine
03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
50 fords had the square driving lights. 49s have the triangular ones that followed the line of the grille.

That looks like a lucas light doesnt it?

east high
03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
This.
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1620&d=1236349335

Hey Travis,

Myron