PDA

View Full Version : Smith Heater, Dual brake booster

TCapelle
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I got a chance to spend some time with my old carawagon project truck

It looks like it has a Tom smith heater and a dual brake system with a brake booster.

I am wondering how rare both are and what they are worth?

I am trying to decide whether I should fit them to my driver or sell as parts.

Does the Smith heater work or blow better heat than most heaters?

Does the dual brake system and booster incrase brake performance? Not sure what cost/scope would be involved in converting my existing system to a dual system

Just trying to evaluate how rare/ upgraded performance each woud have or is it better to sell as parts...

Any offers, advice or suggestions welcome...

Thx,
Tim

leafsprung
03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
The pedal tower is worth 75 dollars or better the actual used brake parts arent worth anything. The smiths heater isnt worth anything as an upgrade but is probably worth something as a replacement. There are several different versions of smiths heater The value decreasing with the trucks age (more or less)

daveb
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
well, to be fair the booster is worth something if it is working, which they often are.

The pedal tower is worth 75 dollars or better the actual used brake parts arent worth anything. The smiths heater isnt worth anything as an upgrade but is probably worth something as a replacement. There are several different versions of smiths heater The value decreasing with the trucks age (more or less)

leafsprung
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Someone may buy it. Ive been giving them away though.

Eric W S
03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Round or Square Smith's? Amd does it have all the parts? (Pipes, vents, etc)

EwS

TCapelle
03-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Eric

The heater is round, and I did pull the tubes and 1 defroster, the other is on the truck but can be pulled for a complete heater and pipes and vent/defroster set...

Let me know if this help and if interested...

Eric W S
03-10-2009, 08:47 AM
PM me some pics. I would be interested...

EwS