PDA

View Full Version : Braden PTO?

SeriesShorty
03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Anyone know anything about a Braden M3-10A power take off winch? Found one for sale locally that was used on a 1-ton or M-715 truck. The owner bought it new in 1959 for his truck.

Wondering if it can be used on a Series????

leafsprung
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Can be used, but you would have to have a koening,MAP, ramsey, bamford or other forward facing PTO unit for the rover transfer case, custom shafts and a custom mount to make it work. Lot of work. probably better off buying one thats already setup for a rover. PM me if you are looking for one.

-Ike

SafeAirOne
03-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Anyone know anything about a Braden M3-10A power take off winch? Found one for sale locally that was used on a 1-ton or M-715 truck. The owner bought it new in 1959 for his truck.

Wondering if it can be used on a Series????

I had an M715 with the 7500# Braden winch. It is a pretty large winch, physically speaking. I wonder how (if) it would fit. The front bumper on my M715 stuck out probably 15-18 inches past the non-winch location. It was pretty wide too, as I recall...

SeriesShorty
03-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the replies. That sounds like way too much work and cost to be worthwhile. Guess that explains why my searches didn't come up with any info linking Braden use with Rovers. :p

SafeAirOne
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
One of the things I was considering when I owned my M715 was converting the pto drive on this winch to a hydraylic drive. Very simple to do and I'd have onboard hydraulics for other stuff. Of course, when you all it all up, it may be cheaper to go with a mile-marker hydraulic winch system in the end.