PDA

View Full Version : Replace Fuel Filler Hose!!!!!!!

Cosmic88
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
What a bear this is going to be, unless one of you saints can pass along a double-secret methond for loosining, removing and then replacing the filler hose joining the filler tube assembly to the fuel tank. Mine has (apparently) a split in the rubber underneath the cloth covering and leaks when filling. I have ordered the new hose piece but can't get the old one out.

The main dilema here is how to loosen the upper clamp on the hose section as it is conveniently (sarc.) located inside the wall / bulkhead separating the front seats and the rear cargo area. No access from the backside or front that I can see.... I can only think to remove the entire fuel tube assembly but that is nicely rivited to the body.

Help

LaneRover
03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
There isn't a protective cover in the load bed area that can be removed?

Cosmic88
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
The previous owner apparently had an interior designer come in to spruce the place up a bit. If only it were lined with brown shag carpet wall to wall then I'd have to get a sticker "if this Rover's a Rockin...." you know the rest.

Instead I have blue indoor / outdoor carpet covering that handy access panel, which I just found thanks to you.

I'll comence corroded screw removal in the morning.

Thanks again!http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/images/icons/icon15.gif

LaneRover
03-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Glad i could help. Every once in awhile I get it right!