PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Range Rover Classic, Long Wheel Base. Needs engine or rebuild - $1000

jiminyj
03-18-2009, 10:44 PM
I've got a 93 RRC LWB 4.2ltr V8 sitting in my garage that needs to go, I'm never going to have the engine rebuilt in this economy, so here's your chance to get a great truck at a unbelievable price. In diagnosing that the #8 cylinder is toast, my mechanic billed over $2000 in parts and labor and towed it back to me worse than when he got it. Radio is missing but the 5disk cd changer is still there along with awesome sounding speakers and sub. Recently replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, wires and distributer, coil, ignition amplifier, alternator, upper hoses, oxygen sensors, replaced heatcore and blower motor. needs a rear left shock absorber. Air suspension works great, tires good, all electrical stuff works, seats, windows, etc. Have new Hella fog light to install. Will need rear upper tailgate frame and hardware, glass is fine. Transfer case frozen in high gear (never used low) Overall a great truck that never let me down (well sometimes) and was a daily driver since 2000. Comes with workshop manual ($150 bucks right there). Will need to be towed away (flatbed only) In Chicago. Contact via email only. jiminyj@sbcglobal.net NO SHIPPING. Cash and tow, no exceptions.

kevin-ct
03-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Paul Grant has an 4.2 long block that he just took out of a car. I think it $500 or so and shipping isn't that much. For under about $800 you can be driving you're truck again. :)

$1000 for a truck that needs a engine sounds like a lot. I just purchased one that needed a tbox for $500. It's a hard time to sell in this market.
and a lot of people wont spend money on a truck that needs a lot of work.
I wish you well in the sale.

Cheers,
Kevin