PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions - but a good one

J. TUCKER
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Help me decide whether to upgrade my '91 Classic for off roading, or sell it and start with something else. The '91 was bought with 91K miles, it now has 124K. We have numerous hail dents in roof, otherwise body is in pretty good shape with a little to normal rust below the tail gate, and elsewhere down below.

Over the last 8 years I have replaced items such as steering box, shocks, lift gate, exhaust (SS ARB) (not the Y pipe), radiator, water pump, some hoses, and other misc. items. I have an '04 RR for day to day use. The '91 needs a good going over by a good shop for charging and intermittent starting deficiencies. I am thinking of sending it up to Vermont for service. The decision is this. The question to consider is, should I go ahead and keep going with this '91 adding BF mud tires, rear air locker, ARB bar and winch, skid plates, diff guards, etc., or trade up and do something similar? Money matters, but I am willing to invest $5K to $10K to do this. :confused:

yorker
01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
the idiom 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't' comes to mind here... :D

nosxih
01-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Go for it. I have a 91 and wouldn't let go of it for anything. It is currently being serviced by Reborn Company in Shelby,NC. I like these guys alot. It's worth the hour and a half drive from Asheville for good service. www.rebornco.com