PDA

View Full Version : Starter not disengaging

bmohan55
03-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Now I have the opposite problem, instead of the starter just whirling and not engaging, she's kicking in but I have to blip the gas in order for it to disengage. I pulled it out and cleaned it up again last night (it was clean) but no change. I did think that the spring in front seemed weak so could that be the problem. I checked our host's site but didn't see that part listed. Did I miss something?

On an unrelated note, to show how much of a newbie I am I sat down and added up EVERYTHING I've spent so far on my truck...included purchase, tags, title, parts, fluids, new tires, everything. It came to just under 8K (well under what I've been told my trucks worth) and eagerly showed my wife. It was not a good evening after that.

thanks,
Bob

greenmeanie
03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Two things that will help maintain successful Rover ownership and a happy marriage.
1. Never admit to yourself how much it costs.
2. Never, NEVER admit to your wife how much it costs.

This is one of the fundemental rules of any hobby/toy.

SafeAirOne
03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
...eagerly showed my wife. It was not a good evening after that.

I've found it handy to use a nearby friend or neighbor's address when I have parts shipped to me. It makes for a more harmonious marriage.

Cosmic88
03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Did you change out / replace any of the fasteners inside or out when refitting the starter?

-side note- May I suggest that for every Rover related package that comes to the house, another one comes for her. It seems to work for me anyway.

"one for you, one for me..."

Donnie
03-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Did you change out / replace any of the fasteners inside or out when refitting the starter?

-side note- May I suggest that for every Rover related package that comes to the house, another one comes for her. It seems to work for me anyway.

"one for you, one for me..."
check the spring or ? lube the shaft....I assume that the Bendix is OK?