PDA

View Full Version : code 48

jedurso
03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys.
well got another issue. on my obd had code 14. got the new coolant temp sensor, code 14 disappeared and was replaced with code 48. stepper motor.
went through all 6 steps . cleaned the motor to pristine condition. cleaned the port with q-tips. the motor works fine. we reposioned the idle to 750. did everything twice. tried to reset the computer 3 or 4 times. well long story short still got code 48. don't know what to do. should i do the steps in reverse??? LOL. seriously any help guys.

steveh
03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi, not uncommon to have to do the reset procedure as many as a dozen times

jedurso
03-28-2009, 08:48 AM
thanks steveh
well a little update. i disconnected my battery and then reset, then the code when off. so i thought. after driving about 2 mile the check engine light when back on and so did code 48. so went to the junk yard, got a motor off a camero which fyi is similar but not it and one off a astro van which is the same. put in, the motor reset still got the code. disconnected the battery, reset, code disapeared. yay! so i thought. lol. after letting the car sit for a minute i thought problem solved. nope. the light came on and so did the code. again.
side note. i have a 1200 watt amp with 2 tens. the check engine light came on when a realy deep bass note hit. so now i'm wondering about my battery. the battery is a little over a year and has some corosion on the teminals. it doesn't seem like on has to do with the other but now i'm really confused here.
any other suggestions.