PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem?

Steamship1
03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Strange thing happening, the intermiten wiper setting on windsheild, rear wiper motor, rear heat element in glass, seat belt warning chime & key in ignition warning chime either work or do not work. When I first purchased my 90 Defender, 1997 Automatic Trans none of the above worked. One day it rained and I could not turn off the wiper motor for the front windsheild. It finally turned off when I turned the truck off. No problems after that to turn on/off the wiper motor. It then rained again and all these items I mention that never worked started working.

In the bank of relay switches inside the cab the no. 3 from the left is missing. Not sure if this has anything to do with my problem.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Mike Koch
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I had a similar problem in my military 109" and it turned out to be a bad ground.

Steamship1
04-03-2009, 10:11 AM
The problem was a multi-function ECU behind the panal where the RWH, Rear Wiper & Rear Window Washer buttons are. The ECU has malfunctioned not allowing the intermitten wiper switch and the rear window wiper to work. The ECU has a timer to allow the wiper to function intermitenly and the RWH to cut-off in 15 Min.

Anybody know hwere to buy this? The dealer cliped me for $ 500.00