PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Discovery problems Rover Down

bjanssen1174
03-29-2009, 12:25 AM
1:00am with two small girls (1 &3) aboard I was driving my 2003 Discovery S (62000miles) on the highway last night after about 50 miles my check engine soon light came on about 30sec later the engine shut down. After about 30mins the started up and everything seem just find despite the light still being on. I had the truck towed home ($170Can anyone help me on where to get started. It was real cold last night when failure happen (15 deg). Can someone please help me. Thanks I pulled the ODBII codes this morning. I got 6 codes as follows

P1300 Land Rover Catalyst damaging misfire multiple cylinders Drive cycle C:Signal out of range - above maximum
P0335 Generic Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit
P0304 Generic Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0307 Generic Cylinder 7 Misfire Detected
P1884 Land Rover CAN message WFPDK (DKI) invalid (FFh
P0300 Generic Random Misfire Detected

9:00pm My Disco just died again and this time it will not start. Parked on the side of the road. This has been a bad day. I will have it towed home tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand the codes but just decrypt want to do first. I have checked all wire connections (Crankshaft position sensor. Spark plug wires have only 2k on them. Thanks

Nasdiesel
03-29-2009, 07:39 PM
When was the last time you changed the plugs and wires? My '04 went through two sets and similar issues including mis-fires. I believe it is on the 3rd set now at 54K miles.