PDA

View Full Version : forward control transmisson

frans
03-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Hello,
I bought a series 11a that has a forward control transmission mated to a chevy SBC engine.

The seals are leaking. Oil is coming out of the top, and also from various other parts of it.

Does anyone have a seal kit for this?
Also, are there different FC101 transmissions? How would I identify my particular model?

Thank you
Frans

greenmeanie
03-30-2009, 10:23 AM
What you have is an LT95 transmission. My advice is to buy/download or whatever the parts book for a 101. I don't think there is a seal kit but all the seals are readily available.

To stop oil coming out the top there is a foam/felt seal round the shifter rod where it enters the top of the gearbox. This often disintegrates and causes leaks. Most people end up installing a CV boot round the shifter here as it works better.

There is only one type of 101 gearbox but there are at least two different LT95s. THe 101 version has a shorter bell housing and input shaft while the RR and Stage 1 version have a longer bell housing and input. The 101 version also could come with a bottom mounted PTO to drive the Nokken winch but that is of no use to anything other than a 101.

You can also change the gearing on your truck as there are several different transfer gear options with the highest being .9962.

Les Parker
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Are you sure that this is a 101 FC gearbox and not the 110"Series IIB gearbox?
Can you supply a serial number or a pic of the transmission?

:confused:

frans
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Are you sure that this is a 101 FC gearbox and not the 110"Series IIB gearbox?
Can you supply a serial number or a pic of the transmission?

:confused:

I will take a picture today, as I have the time, and will look for any #s on it.
Thank you for the replies.

A picture is a great idea that way the leaking areas will show.
Thanks again
Frans

frans
03-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Pictures:

-looks like I can only load 3 real small pix at a time. Any additional pictures needed please ask
Thanks
Frans

greenmeanie
03-31-2009, 01:42 PM
That's an LT95. Without a serial number there is not much more I can say. They are good strong gearboxes.