PDA

View Full Version : Temp sensor

vkjar
04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
It is spring tune up time for my SIIa and I am sorting out a few looses ends the PO did not complete. I have a temp guage installed but not connected. The temp sensor was just sitting under a wing in a plastic bag. I'm unsure as to where I install the sensor. Photo is of the sensor.

On another note, is there a generic part number say from NAPA for the inline fuel filters.

Cosmic88
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM
the temp sensor / sender fits into the forward / upper section of the block... just aft of the water pump and just below the valve cover on the right side. (Next to the upper radiator hose)

In-line fuel filter is really up to you and depends on what size fuel line you have in place. Personally I am using 8mm BMW fuel hose. YES it is overkill since it is rated for about 4 bar but it is a great hose for quality and longevity.

vkjar
04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks Cosmic

bmohan55
04-06-2009, 03:10 PM
NAPA in-line fuel filter for 5/16 line is part #3002

vkjar
04-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks B. I actually forgot about the filter comming off my second tank, which was the NAPA one you mentioned. Amazing what you find once the snow drifts melt and one starts on a spring tuneup.

vkjar
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Back to the temp sender again! The Unit I am replacing on my truck looks like a large brass cap with the temp sender in the middle. The "cap" has female/inside threading which threads onto the male end (water pump/thermistat area). The one which came with the truck (see pic) was not installed by PO. and obviously will not work! so ordered another sender unit (BritPart) without seeing a picture of it and of course is similar to the one in the pic. spade connector etc. Is there an adaptor to mount the new one to the old location. Part number. alternate part, anything found on other Brit cars which could be used? Cheers

jac04
08-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Can you clarify what temp sender you are trying to install? If it is the part number 560794 sender (brass with the single spade elec. connection), you will need adapter 568457 and seal washer 243959. If the head is metric, you will need adapter ERC8973 for this sender.

If you are using a 'bulb' type sender for a mechanical water temperature gauge, I'm not sure what you need.

vkjar
08-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks Jac
the one you describe sounds like the one I have (pic of it on AB http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/6026.cfm) If that is the one then I will order the adaptor parts. Cheers

jac04
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
^^Yup, that's the one. Bill at www.tntlr.com (http://www.tntlr.com) has the adapters in stock for about $10, and the seal washer is a buck or two.