PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead Galvanizing Hopefully the Last Time

Jim-ME
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
After the answers I got to my Herculiner question I'm back on the galvanizing bus. So I know what to ask for when I have it done:
What type of finish do I want as I believe there are choices?
If the bulkhead is air cooled an not quenched does that help to avoid warping thus making it easier to fit?
Do most galvanizers acid dip or do I have to find another company to do that?
Does anyone know of galvanizing companies in the NE who will not run screaming into the night when I inquire about getting auto body parts dipped?

I only want to do this once and it has become clear to me that galvanizing is the only way to accomplish that. Ever since I saw Ike's Line-exed bulkhead I have lusted over it.

Thanks,
Jim

SafeAirOne
04-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Many-to-all of your questions can be answered at the American Galvanizers Association (http://www.galvanizeit.org/) website. Very good info in the "Thinking about using HDG?" section and the "Alrady working with HDG?" section, plus there is a nationwide list of galvanizers on the page.

Questions about engines, body parts and bulkhead galvanizing lately... Sounds like you're either doing a complete rework on your already-great 88 or you have another project coming up. Either way, I'm envious.

Jim-ME
04-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I've decided to front burner the rebuild/upgrades and hopefully be in the minor repair/maintenance mode for a while. That way I can participate in more Rover events without having to wonder what is going to break next because the major components will have been replaced or rebuilt. In addition some major items on the to do list have become available or will shortly that couldn't be anticipated. Got to seize opportunities that don't come along very often. It's a sickness but I love it.
Jim

Bostonian1976
04-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I've decided to front burner the rebuild/upgrades and hopefully be in the minor repair/maintenance mode for a while. That way I can participate in more Rover events without having to wonder what is going to break next because the major components will have been replaced or rebuilt. In addition some major items on the to do list have become available or will shortly that couldn't be anticipated. Got to seize opportunities that don't come along very often. It's a sickness but I love it.
Jim

hey at least you're not the one that held up everyone on the mt. washington run :)

Blueboy
04-06-2009, 11:05 AM
the mt. washington run

what is this "run" to which you refer?

we drove the Road last August on our way back to NY from visiting PEI.

always enjoy going up to the top.

even though it was pretty chilly, Blueboy's temp did rise enough that I pulled over halfway for a cool down and Lab stretch.

we were packed very heavy though and it was more precautionary than necessary although we had many more miles to travel so wanted to be safe.

Jaime