PDA

View Full Version : All Makes Brake Shoes?

teechizpet
04-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Has anyone had any trouble with the pad thickness on All Makes brakes? I had a set that I bought 2 years ago and I recently used them on the front axle of my Lightweight. I used a set of Mintex shoes on the rears. I made sure to turn all 4 drums before putting them on and the fronts are a snug fit. All of my adjustments are good and everything is installed properly but I just can't back off the adjusters far enough to keep the drums from heating up and squealing. The rears are perfect. I went ahead and ordered another set of Mintex shoes from Trevor at RovahFarms. I was wondering if this is common with All Makes stuff? I have had trouble with All Makes products before, a directional wand (it broke after 2 weeks) and a U-Joint boot ( it lasted for 4 months of on road use and ripped in half).
Mike Metivier

Jim-ME
04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I have a set of Allmakes on the rear of my 88. I had to grind the leading edges to get the drum on and when they are wet they grab. I've got a spare set of Mintex shoes which I plan to install. I'll never buy anything but Mintex for aftermarket shoes again.
Jim

jp-
04-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I believe mine were Allmakes on the 88"; nothing but trouble. I too had to grind off the leading and trailing edges to fit them.