PDA

View Full Version : Green Bible

Donnie
04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
:confused: I see a lot of reference to the "Green Bible".........
I have a set of 3 White repair manuals that I got when I bought my first series 2a. Thase seem more than adequate for any repair that I have ever attempted..I do all my own work.........am I missing something here? Donnie

greenmeanie
04-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Its the same thing. At one time they used to have green covers. Last time I saw mine one was blue, one white and then there was the parts book.

JackIIA
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey Donnie,

Here's a link with a pic of the Green Bible. It's just the official Land Rover Series IIA IIB manual. It's thick and green, and the ultimate resource, hence the "Green Bible reference.

Pangolin has used one's for $40. You can buy it new for something like $90-$100. Possibly less.

I don't know about the 3 white wire manuals you reference, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're either reprints or just a break up of the Manual.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Primary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Primary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Primary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpghttp://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411KCJJ32JL._SL500_AA240_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rover-Instruction-Manual-Official-Handbooks/dp/1855201232&usg=__euY4qg4Pjz0cB74rC0WaGovpdUQ=&h=240&w=240&sz=10&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=TPC7lDrAVOSYQM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3DLand%2BRover%2BSeries%2BIIA%2Brepair% 2Bmanual%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Donnie
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Jack, I don't recall mentioning anything about "wire bound" in my quest to identify my books. They are" bookpressed" & cloth bound in a manner that was used in by gone daze
Workshop manual one: 1st edition, 25mm thick, series 2&2a..........part #606407..covers engines 2 1/4 petrol
2 1/4 diesel....2.6 petrol...clutches & gearboxes...
There is a part 2 book covering most all other work..
And a parts catalog to complete the set..Inside the cover it says: The Rover Co. Ltd.
Solihull, Warwickshire, England
The set of 3 books are cloth bound & they stack 80mm high
The owner gave me these when I bought the truck many years ago....The printing date was March 1969....
My question is only to qualify the time period vs. The Green Bible in their manufacture / distribution..If you bought a new Rover in the '60's, did you get a set of these as OEM books, or the Green Bible.....???:confused:

JackIIA
04-10-2009, 08:16 AM
You got me then. Missed your intent there. Take afew pics and post them, maybe that will jog someone's memory.

yorker
04-10-2009, 03:37 PM
the old ones are white

greybeard
04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi: I had these books with my last project but let them go when i sold it. Does anyone have any for sale or know of a source to get a set. I really need them as the series III i am working on now is completely disassembled.The engine i have for it is a Series IIA Diesel so i will need parts for it. Any Help? Dan

navydevildoc
04-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Our hosts here at Rovers North have both the paper books and the electronic CD-ROM version. Give them a call and I am sure they can help you out!

chefplw
04-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Cant seem to get to fully conect with adobe reader. running lastest version 9.0 . when try to look up some thing adobe opens but nothing else happens. any help would great. just purchased couple of weeks ago cause missing pages from green bible PO included

Les Parker
04-14-2009, 11:28 AM
My belief is that the CD ROM's work with Acrobat 6 or 7, so you may have to re-install the earlier programme.

chefplw
04-14-2009, 02:25 PM
That was the problem cd-rom doesnt work with adobe 9.0. delete 9.0 downloaded 7.0 works great. so now when my new parapolic spring and shocks arrive from roversnorth I should be ready to give it a go

:thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up: thanks again to Les

TeriAnn
04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
My belief is that the CD ROM's work with Acrobat 6 or 7, so you may have to re-install the earlier programme.

A REAL problem is that the copy protection used will not let you open it with the Macintosh version of Acrobat. It needs to be the windows version of Acrobat. GRRRRrrrrrrr

I have one sitting on a shelf I have never been able to open :sly:

navydevildoc
04-14-2009, 07:50 PM
A REAL problem is that the copy protection used will not let you open it with the Macintosh version of Acrobat. It needs to be the windows version of Acrobat. GRRRRrrrrrrr

I have one sitting on a shelf I have never been able to open :sly:

A lot of the Linux tools can read those protected files and save them as unprotected. As my house is all macs except the toughbook in the garage, being able to re-save them as unlocked PDFs would be nice.

My roommate just got a D90, and his RN provided CD-ROM showed up yesterday. We are going to play around with it and see what we can do.