PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Series II gas pedal - any good fixes or mods?

VTRover
04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Looking to end, once an for all time, my sticky Series gas pedal. Anyone have any good fixes?

Andrew IIA
04-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Where is it sticking ? All original linkage ?

Andrew,
'63 SIIA 88"

LaneRover
04-10-2009, 08:11 AM
In the past I have found that the bits that stick on mine are the little balljoints in the linkage and the spring return on the 'mainshaft' that is the last bit attached to the body and not the engine on the way to the carb.

Either take them apart and REALLY clean them or get a good spray lube, not WD-40 but something like silicone lubricant or breakfree (gun stores) and make spraying each joint down part of the regular maintenance. Also, make sure that the return springs are good, strong and can actually 'return' ie.. in the right place to fully return the pedal. Come to think about it, I would check your springs first and if need be add another!

Brent

Jeff Aronson
04-10-2009, 09:05 AM
There's a bushing that the accelerator pedal pivots through. Make certain you lubricate that, too.

Otherwise, have you ever replaced the return spring? If so, then I, too, second the recommendations made above.

Jeff

Mercedesrover
04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
D90 pedal, bracket and cable. Done. The bracket and pedal need to be modified a bit but well worth the effort. Whoever designed that pedal and linkage contraption was an evil man.

LaneRover
04-10-2009, 08:49 PM
D90 pedal, bracket and cable. Done. The bracket and pedal need to be modified a bit but well worth the effort. Whoever designed that pedal and linkage contraption was an evil man.

I think he was some Rube named Goldberg!

greenmeanie
04-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Messrs Heath Robinson in the UK please.

Les Parker
04-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Probably dates back to Sir Harrry Ferguson....