PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Rovers Connecticut

Drain Rovers2
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I have been handing out flyers to lacal series owners in town for a new club that we are starting, if any are interested fill out the form below.

Dear Land Rover Enthusiast,
I am writing to inform you about a new Land Rover club in Connecticut. We are located in Killingworth, CT and were inspired to start a club because we would like to get all of the Rovers in the area together periodically to share information and create a network of Land Rover enthusiasts. We have been holding Deer Lake Rallies (DLR) hosted by Forrest Clifton at the scout camp and in neighboring towns. We are interested in having any Land Rovers from Series to LR3’s. In the past we have had a great turn out at the events and they have been a lot of fun. If you are interested in participating in future events please fill out the form below and email/mail to the address listed. We will inform you of the next rally soon!
Tread Lightly,
Coastal Rovers Connecticut

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name______________________________________________ ______

Address___________________________________________ _______

Phone Number____________________________________________ _
Email Address___________________________________________ __
Vehicle #1________________________________________________

Vehicle #2________________________________________________

Mail To: Ethan Drain Email: edrain200@comcast.net
86 River Road
Killingworth, CT 06419
All are welcome(you dont just have to be from the CT shore or even CT we have a turn out at the rally's from all states).. it is just a club to have every one get together go wheeling, create events and have fun!

rwollschlager
04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
create a network of Rand Rover enthusiasts. We have been holding ...

you might wanna check the spelling before you print out any more copies.

-Rob

Drain Rovers2
04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Fixed... haven't gotten any replies yet though

CliftonRover
04-13-2009, 12:25 PM
looks good Ethan count me in

JimCT
04-21-2009, 05:35 AM
Deep River here

j visci
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Sent you an Email. :thumb-up:

sloanfiske
05-06-2009, 11:15 AM
count me in.

Drain Rovers2
05-07-2009, 06:29 PM
We are working on planning an event to get the club going... any one else??

Drain Rovers2
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
First Event Has been Planned It will Be the British By The Sea event, if you are interested shoot me an email and i will give you the info.

CliftonRover
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I am in for the 7th

rwollschlager
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Forrest,

how many trucks are you bringing? Im still trying to persuade my dad to take two. The stage 1 is down with wiring problems so it'll have to be my 88 and the white 109.

SixthFlick
05-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm interested. Just sent you an email Ethan.:thumb-up:

Drain Rovers2
05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Sounds good sent you the info on the first event!
Thanks,

SixthFlick
05-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Is it required to register in order to show or is that only if you're hoping to win some type of award?

rwollschlager
05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
basically you pay and register to park you car on the field as part of the show. if you choose not to and just use the parking lot and view the other rovers and british cars you still end up paying a parking fee because it is a state park.

Registration is also a good idea to get an overall head count of vehicles in attendence as well as providing the event organizer with info to contact you to inform you of the next event IMO

CliftonRover
05-27-2009, 01:23 AM
not sure as many as I can, 3 is my guess although I would like to bring the range rover

Drain Rovers2
05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey guys I know this doesnt sound good but I will not be able to make it due to another issue(over scheduling) i look forward to many pictures and good times!
Sorry,

SixthFlick
05-27-2009, 08:33 PM
My first event and I'm out too. :( I was reminded that my Family Reunion is that same day. Would love to see pictures though from anyone going.

CliftonRover
05-28-2009, 12:45 AM
I will take pictures

j visci
05-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll get some too. Anyone meeting up beforehand? Wanna run one of the bunny trails out that way afterwards?

rwollschlager
05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
im game for a meet up and trail ride before or after. Where are the bunny trails? never heard of them....

CliftonRover
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
we could likely run a trail at my house after

j visci
05-29-2009, 04:06 PM
im game for a meet up and trail ride before or after. Where are the bunny trails? never heard of them....

Lol. I just call them that because they are really easy going. They are about 30 minutes up 395.

rwollschlager
05-30-2009, 09:22 PM
if they're legal and you know em well enough to get a couple rovers through there it sounds like a good time! I'm pretty interested in these trails cause from the sounds of it they're not far from me.

j visci
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Here are the pics:

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6888

rwollschlager
06-13-2009, 11:21 AM
link to my pics from BBS 09 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=97900&id=646291885&l=25bcbe73ff

Drain Rovers2
09-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi all,
I have yet to send out an email with all of the information on the up coming events for the club.(i have been very neglagent) The all metal dash is just around the corrner in Persham Mass. @ Don Flyes house(mmore info to follow)
And then we have the Deer Lake Rally at Forrests house the weekend after Thanksgiving.( Friday Saturday and Sunday)
(More Info to Follow)
Hope to see every one at the up coming events soon!

CliftonRover
09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
who is going to all metal dash? also I just posted the info up about the Deer lake rally so check it out and spread the word

Drain Rovers2
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
The normal crew i think rob, me you maybe ill call a few others im working on the rally & spreading the word

rwollschlager
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I will be at the all metal dash. This year I have my drivers lisence and will be able to stay over night... instead of driving up saturday and leaving because of conflicts. (yes that does mean last year i drove up there with my learners permit..)

Drain Rovers2
09-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Here is the Info on the Deer lake Rally...

EVENT: The weekend directly after Thanksgiving, so the 27th, 28th, and 29th I, Forrest Clifton, will be hosting an off-road and parts swap weekend at my house. It will begin on Friday around noon and end on Sunday some time in the afternoon. This year there is an entrance fee of $20 per vehicle, which goes to pay for the gravel, and materials I use to clean up the mess we make on the trails. Many of you came last year and had a good time so spread the word. I would like the events to focus on Rovers but other off roaders are welcome if they check with me.

LOCATION: The event will be held at Deer Lake Scout Reservation. The address is 101 Paper Mill Road Killingworth, CT 06419. The camp is near the middle of the shoreline of Connecticut. It is 20 minutes from New Haven, an hour from Springfield and 2 hours from Boston. It is a 250 acre privately owned area that has trails ranging in difficulty from series stocker friendly to locked f&r on 40's and you still can't quite make it friendly. There is a building I have set a side for us to use, it sleeps 30ish in bunks and has a large room with a kitchen and a small frig. You are also more than welcome to set up a tent. There are outhouses scattered across camp but no showers. Each night the plan is to have a big bonfire and a cookout (bring your own food). There are also hotels in the area, but those that stayed last year had a good time.

PARTS SWAP: We have a few large fields you can set up in; there is no shortage of space. If you need range rover classic parts I will be unloading my stock at very low prices so make sure to ask.

OFF-ROADING: The trail runs will be organized and a trail leader will be assigned. I would like to split the groups up more this year, so if you would like to lead a group contact me, I will have you show up early and take you on a tour of the trail. The trails I have are all a mix of rocks and mud; there is a specific mud pit, rock garden, seesaw, hill climb, and everything in between. The trails are not long, but you reach and obstacle and attack it one at a time and more to the next obstacle as a group, so the event is very spectator friendly.

RULES:
1) When you arrive you must check in and sign a wavier, this includes anyone riding or driving.
2) Everyone has different driving styles that we must respect. Allow a person to attempt an obstacle the way they want. You may ask them if they would like a spotter, if it looks like they need assistance; just remember that you can learn from watching other people drive.
3) I am responsible for cleaning up your ruts so do not make a mess on the trails unless there is one there already.
4) There is no alcohol allowed on camp, but there are a number of bars in the area.
5) Pets are allowed but must be leashed at all times.
6) If you are putting others in danger or acting irresponsibly you will be asked to leave.

SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY- Noon -Trail leader meeting/ swap meet set up
2:00 -Trail runs easy, moderate, advanced
6:00 -Dinner, a stove, oven, and grill will be available to cook with.
6:30 -Fire
later -Trail runs or trips into town.

SATURDAY- 10:00 -Everyone meet up/ trail leader meeting/swap meet set up
10:30 -Trail runs easy, moderate, advanced
Noon -Lunch, grill and kitchen are available to cook
1:00 -Trail runs
6:00 -Dinner, a stove, oven, and grill will be available to cook with.
6:30 -Fire
later -Trail runs or trips into town.

SUNDAY- 10:00 -Everyone meet up/ trail leader meeting/swap meet set up
10:30 -Trail runs easy, moderate, advanced
Noon -Lunch, grill and kitchen are available to cook
1:00 -Trail runs
Later -Any help cleaning up is greatly appreciated.

email- cliftonf@union.edu