PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Distributor in a 2.6?

Cutter
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi all,

I'm considering replacing the Distributor in my '74 2.6 SIII 109. I recently pulled it apart as the truck was running poorly, and the advance weights were seized, and I think I mangled one of the springs a bit getting it unstuck. I was able to rebend/attach, but I know this will have an adverse affect on the performance. I'm still working on getting the truck running decent, and I've noticed quite a bit of clickity sounds coming from the dizzy, which leads me to think the spring maybe came loose or something is amiss. I think if I have to replace or rebuild the unit, I'd like to get a new electronic one, but I'm having a hard time finding something appropriate. Has anyone with a 2.6 ever swapped theirs out?

The Lucas Distributor on mine has the following stamped on it: 41676A
51 76

Linus Tremaine
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
I have an NADA 2.6 in my land rover. I also have had a distributor replacement with a lucas unit from a jag.

I know pertronix makes an ignitor for my distributor but I dont know about yours.

You would have to buy a new distributor (if you think yours is bad) as no one will make a drop in unit like disco-tech does for the 2.25. Then, get the proper ignitor and install it.

http://www.pertronix.com/catalogs/pdf/ptx/2007/ptx_2007.pdf

Check to see if yours is listed.