PDA

View Full Version : afternoon project

thixon
04-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I got a couple hours to myself yesterday. Now I can go a little further with the wiring and such. I still have to decide what to do with the triple gauge in the original cluster. I could just leave it I suppose.

49coe
04-20-2009, 03:47 PM
What are you running for a wiring harness? That box to the left of your steering column looks suspiciously like it might hold fuses. What, you don't like having the possiblilty that your truck could spontaneously combust at any given time?;)

Les Parker
04-20-2009, 04:57 PM
The reason I was stopped from becoming a Terminal Tech. in the military was I could not tell the difference between shades of red, seems like a return to those days here......

greenmeanie
04-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Les,
The people who manufacture that kit use the standard GM wire colour scheme. I think you are seeing all the power leads arriving and leaving the fure panel at an early stage of the wiring loom.

I think it will be a HUGE improvement to that truck.

thixon
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
49coe and Les,
That is a fuse box, and its a harness from EZ wiring. No offense to our host, but I felt a modern harness would better suit my needs. While I've had a ton of british cars in the past, and know the ins and outs of dealing with Mr. Lucas, I wanted something a bit easier to diagnose, and a more solid platform. I'm a stickler for proper termination, and I wanted the flexibility to route and customize as I saw fit. Greenmeanie is right, it will be a huge improvement. Just so you know, the drivetrain will remain stock (for now!). I labored long and hard over where to locate that fuse box. I think it will work out well where it is.

Les, if it makes you feel better, each wire is labled about every 3 inches or so. Color blind or not, I'm sure you could step in and finish the job!

ML-ENGR
04-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I just finished the wiring in my truck so I feel your pain. However I havent tested it so...My opinion lose the triple and locate a mgb tach. I think it would look good with your setup