PDA

View Full Version : Importing large items

bronsonarlo
04-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I am trying to find out how much import fees from the UK would be on large items like a transmission or engine. Any ideas or links would help. Thanks

jac04
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I have been purchasing a few things from PA Blanchard (front bumper and rear axle case amongst other things). Just ask them what the shipping charge will be. You can then ask them who they will use for a Customs Broker (usually IBC Customs Broker for my orders) and contact them for more info.

As far as fees or duties, it seems to vary. Example: 4 shipments(3 from PA Blanchard, 1 from lrseries.com), all valued at over $500 USD. 1st PAB order arrives at my doorstep with no fees/duty whatsoever. 2nd & 3rd PAB packages are hit with an "entrance fee" of $9 + $5 processing fee, but that's it. The lrseries order arrives at my doorstep, and a week later I receive a 2.5% duty bill + $5 processing fee from FedEx. So, who knows what is really going on.

Jim-ME
04-22-2009, 04:11 AM
I have also ordered from PA Blanchard and the only time I received a duty fee from Fed-Ex was for an order over $150.00.
Jim

Broadstone
04-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I find it as being very random, as I have paid duty on some orders and not paid it on others when they are shipped to me. Most times I ship the large or expensive stuff to the Inlaws in the U.K. and travel with it it as luggage on my return flight, saves me a lot.