PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find this part?

NC Rover
04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
The part needed is the top picture. The bottom pic shows where the small metal lip has broken away on my rover and now rattles around as the axle spins causing it to sound like my transmission is falling out. I get lots of wierd looks when I drive by since its so loud.

thanks!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/W8kbrder/Land%20Rover/FlangeComparison.jpg

Les Parker
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Hello there,
This looks like an LT230 front drive flange.
If this is the case :-

1. PLD462 Drive flange Current price is $40.95 and currently in stock.

Please advise

Les Parker
04-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Here's the link :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-3734-drive-flange-front-outpt-defdisco-i86-91-rrov.aspx

NC Rover
04-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello there,
This looks like an LT230 front drive flange.
If this is the case :-

1. PLD462 Drive flange Current price is $40.95 and currently in stock.

Please advise

I believe thats it! I will be ordering that today!

ktom300
04-28-2009, 07:36 PM
[quote=NC Rover]The part needed is the top picture. The bottom pic shows where the small metal lip has broken away on my rover and now rattles around as the axle spins causing it to sound like my transmission is falling out. I get lots of wierd looks when I drive by since its so loud.

thanks!

Mine does something similar when coming to a stop below 15 mph. Clunks around like the u-joints are coming apart on the front driveline or it's out of balance. Seems to go away in 4 wheel drive and under acceleration.
I will have to look if I have the same issue.

NC Rover
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
[quote=NC Rover]Mine does something similar when coming to a stop below 15 mph. Clunks around like the u-joints are coming apart on the front driveline or it's out of balance. Seems to go away in 4 wheel drive and under acceleration.
I will have to look if I have the same issue.

It took me forever to find the issue. I always thought it was something with the driveline. After climbing under and poking around, I accidently bumped that metal lip and it made the same jingle sound it does when driving down the road. Since the ring broke away from the orignal part, its like having a giant noisy washer hanging loose around the drive shaft. So it just spings and clanks around. Very annoying.

daveb
04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
are you saying the mudshiled is loose? they are just supposed to be a light press fit, easy to to with a small hammer and drift. if it goes on cocked it can deform and come loose. you should be able to bend the flange back to improve the fit and maybe use some loctite to help things along

[quote=ktom300]

It took me forever to find the issue. I always thought it was something with the driveline. After climbing under and poking around, I accidently bumped that metal lip and it made the same jingle sound it does when driving down the road. Since the ring broke away from the orignal part, its like having a giant noisy washer hanging loose around the drive shaft. So it just spings and clanks around. Very annoying.

sven
04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah I cant imagine the mudsheild making a bunch of noise. Id check the pinion for excessive freeplay. There's a bearing behind that pinion that gets all loose and causes vibes. Bearing is a 6307-J, I believe.