PDA

View Full Version : Wing Stays

Jim-ME
05-03-2009, 05:20 AM
My Rover doesn't have wing stays for the front wings and vibration has caused the wings to crack. I got a pair and would appreciate a picture of how they mount. Thanks in advance,
Jim

Jim-ME
05-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Somebody must have these on their Rover. Anybody?
Jim

greenmeanie
05-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Are you talking about the wee bent metal strip that attaches to the inside of the wing on the sill flange just aft of the wheel arch and then somewhere on the chassis? If so I can have a peek when I leave work tonight.

Jim-ME
05-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Those are exactly the ones. Thanks very, very much.
Jim

daveb
05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
jim

the forward end mounts via the front-most bolt that holds the wing lower edge to the sill panel. It sits on top of the lower lip of the wing.

the rear-most or aft end mounts to the lower (horizontal) lip of the bulkhead footwell via a 1/4" UNF bolt. The hole for this IIRC is about 3-4 inches in from the doorpost.

If the holes is not there on the footwell, you can just mount the forward end as described and then swing it over until it hits the footwell. Then mark and locate your hole from underneath.

Those are exactly the ones. Thanks very, very much.
Jim

SafeAirOne
05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Photo of my right front sill brace. Right side in photo is bottom of footwell, left side is forward-most sill panel at the wheelarch. This is a SIII--I don't know if yours will be different, Jim.

Jim-ME
05-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks to all of you. I got it now.
Jim

scott
05-05-2009, 09:41 AM
sorry jim, i should have snapped a pic of mine. the sill and support are on and the wing is off, it might have been easier to see.

Jim-ME
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Scott,
All is good and the stays are on. No more or should I say no further extension of the cracks in my fenders.
Jim