PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Question

Jim-ME
05-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Can you use the push rod length of the slave cylinder to "adjust" where the clutch starts to engage? I have a S3 clutch master with a 2a slave in a 2a and the clutch seems to engage awfully high in terms of the total movement of the pedal.
Jim

scott
05-10-2009, 06:05 PM
i thought the slave push rod adjustment was pretty specific. the adjustment you might be looking for could be the master.

Jim-ME
05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
It is but when I adjusted it using a dial caliper I really couldn't tell for sure if it is absolutely the correct length. Therefore could either lengthening or shortening the push rod have an impact on the where in the pedal travel the clutch engages?
Jim

scott
05-11-2009, 12:29 AM
if it's too long then i guess it'd be like having the clutch pedal slightly depressed when it wasn't so when you do start deptessing your clutch could be engage sooner than if the rod was not too long

Jim-ME
05-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks Scott. I'll check the measurement again and leave it at the correct length.
Jim

LaneRover
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I think that the system 're-adjusts' to the length of the pushrod and ends up negating your planned adjustment. Short of it being sooo long that the rod 'reseating' itself in the slave cylinder still gives you an increased length it can't be adjusted that way. If you do so however you do run the risk of the clutch not completely engaging.

So damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Just in case that last phrase didn't make it through add an 'n' to the word dam and put an 'ed' on the end.

Brent