PDA

View Full Version : Miserable fitment

Les Parker
05-20-2009, 04:56 PM
So, who has tried to replace the lower heater control cable and its fixing trunnion? Seems like a contortionists job to me !!
Any tips?

Terrys
05-21-2009, 12:58 PM
By lower, do you mean the cable which controls footwell or windscreen airflow, or the one to the heater box which opens the cold air bypass door?Whichever, I feel your pain.
They are pretty cheesy, especially the way the clamp the tube. On mine (heater box control) moving the lever just makes the sheath move and not much more. I'm about to get into that with a smile on my face. It's still chilly in the AM, but hot by the end of the day, and I'm getting tired of popping the bonnet to shut off the hot air flow.

Les Parker
05-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Terry,

Yes, the one under the bonnet.
A challenge to nearby innocent bystanders delicate ears, by jove !!

:confused:

Terrys
05-22-2009, 04:57 AM
The cause of that one being such a PITA is there are too many tight bends in such a short run. The UP-DOWN cable functions fine in my truck, but I think I may relocate the blend door cable to another spot ( and use a non-genuine spiral cable that will stay in the retaining clips)

Les Parker
06-03-2009, 12:53 PM
OK, so now I have a cricked wrist, though the clip is back in place and the cable, sort of, functions OK
Patience, my boy patience, and some dexterity, too

:)