PDA

View Full Version : Rochester B throttle body

bmohan55
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
It seems to be my pattern that when I fix something I break somethng else. After rebuilding my carb I developed a vacuum leak in the throttle body at the throttle body shaft. Apparently the gunk in there had it sealed until I cleaned it. From what I read, this is non-repairable. I've looked around on the 'net but can only find entire carbs for sale, not just the throttle body. Can anyone suggest a source?

thanks

TeriAnn
06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
There are carb rebuilding companies out there that rebush the shaft holes and or can provide oversize shafts. Check around the rebuilding companies.

badvibes
06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
It seems to be my pattern that when I fix something I break somethng else. After rebuilding my carb I developed a vacuum leak in the throttle body at the throttle body shaft. Apparently the gunk in there had it sealed until I cleaned it. From what I read, this is non-repairable. I've looked around on the 'net but can only find entire carbs for sale, not just the throttle body. Can anyone suggest a source?

thanks

Here's a link to a repair tool and sleeve. But it's $160!

http://www.supercooltools.com/html/ZA-ATS/index.html

That's half the cost of a replacement BV some places. How easy a fix this is I have no idea.

Jeff