PDA

View Full Version : Legal at last and wiper motors

Tsmith
06-09-2009, 03:52 PM
My new SII is now legally licensed and insured! I have ten days to get it inspected, but everything works, so it should be easy. The Lucas wipers actually work, albeit slowly, though I am told not to expect too much more than that.

At the Greenwich Concours on Sunday (no Land Rovers!), I spent some time looking for a similar wiper moters on the assembled British cars. Lucas made examples that were similar and used them on MG's, some Italian cars and a few others, but I couldn't find anything exactly the same.

The Land Rover ones have a cast pot metal cover that is very elegant compared to the black painted ones I saw on the other cars.

Thanks, everyone for all the help and advice.

rovertek
06-11-2009, 07:34 AM
i have some. <gauto@localnet.com>

daveb
06-11-2009, 09:47 AM
a small ground cable to the windscreen or any good ground should speed the motor up a bit. you can test the theory with an alligator clip first.

make sure you are getting a good ground

My new SII is now legally licensed and insured! I have ten days to get it inspected, but everything works, so it should be easy. The Lucas wipers actually work, albeit slowly, though I am told not to expect too much more than that.

At the Greenwich Concours on Sunday (no Land Rovers!), I spent some time looking for a similar wiper moters on the assembled British cars. Lucas made examples that were similar and used them on MG's, some Italian cars and a few others, but I couldn't find anything exactly the same.

The Land Rover ones have a cast pot metal cover that is very elegant compared to the black painted ones I saw on the other cars.

Thanks, everyone for all the help and advice.

Mike Koch
06-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Try bringing your existing IIA wiper motors to a local marine shop and see if they have anything that matches with improved performance.