PDA

View Full Version : top trades or for sale?

bpj911
06-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I just accidentally bought a 2 door 109. It has a nice soft top with hoops, etc. I would like to trade/sell/beg/borrow/steal either a full hardtop of some kind or a pickup cab. I am located in Iowa.

A few questions.
1. What is this stuff worth that I have?
2. What is a full hardtop worth?
3. Will a pickup cab off an 88 work fine? Looks like it should to me.

Thanks!

Terrys
06-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll have to remember that one. I've had them follow me home, but I never accidently bought one.
I have a ex MOD 109 that came with a soft top. Another 109 owner wanted a soft top and was looking to trade his full length hardtop, so, with nothing better to do that day, we did. The HT is much more practical, but not as good looking as the soft top. you're not exactly next door, but I'm game if you want to handle the logistics. What kind of shape is your canvas? Are the windows yellowed?

bpj911
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM
It's in nice shape. The windows are brand new and clear. Want to send your phone number to me @ bryanjohnson at anemometry.com

LaneRover
06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes, a pick up top from an 88 will work just fine. In fact there is a 'distance piece' that fills a gap that is there with an 88 but not with a 109 that you won't need.

You can use most of your hoops but not the full hoopset or soft top with the p-up top in place. Some folks like to have both and a full canvas and a p-Up top and switch between them depending on the season.

Not sure what prices are on them right now.