PDA

View Full Version : looking for some help --1995 rr swb

jimmybuffett
06-12-2009, 10:07 AM
i am looking for some help-- i have a 95 swb rr -- when ever it rains heavy or even very damp outside-- i have a very hard time getting her started -- sometimes i have to wait until it stops raining to get her started-- thank for you help--:eek:

kevin-ct
06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Have you looked under the distribtor cap to see if water is inside of it.
When was it last tuned-up?

TSR53
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
[opps sorry Kevin, didn't mean to edit your post :o I clicked edit instead of reply - silly me]

I agree with Kevin on this. Usually, when it rains and ignition problems rear their head the distributor and spark plug wires are the first place to look.

AndrewG
06-15-2009, 09:10 AM
I agree that the obvious place to check is under the distributor cap, do it just after raining. However, I have two RRC, a 1995 and a 1988, and on the '95 I had the exact same problem. After many rainy days of not being able to drive, or taking the wife's car (thank God her Volvo is reliable ;) ) I found the issue. There was a hole in the panels under the cowling below the windscreen, this hole actually was behind the firewall and when it rained I got water dripping into all the relays etc under the dash on the passenger side ! Fun, fun, fun. A couple of corroded relays later, a pacth with some aluminium and a tube of sealant, many swear words and a few beers along the way and everything is perfect !!

jimmybuffett
06-21-2009, 10:10 PM
thanks for your help-- its been raining here like crazy !