PDA

View Full Version : Rovers North is my vice

navydevildoc
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
So I just called our hosts looking to buy some new parabolics, an upgrade I have wanted to do for a while.

Unfortunately, they are back ordered for over a month. So, I had Les pull it off the order. But before I know it, my mind is thinking of other things that I could buy instead, and before I knew it, I had new seats on the order. :D

Does anyone else lose all rational spending control with their Rover when they have a credit card in one hand and Rovers North on the phone in the other?

:confused:

LaneRover
06-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Think of it as providing your own personal TARP and bailout funds to a business that you like! You'll have to spend A LOT more if you want to tell anyone there how much they can be paid though. . .

NickDawson
06-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't even have my truck yet and its already out of control....

jac04
06-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I just added up my RN receipts from the last 8 months. Not too bad..... I've only averaged $1350 per month. :thumb-up:

scott
06-13-2009, 10:01 AM
i know i'm spending too much. i've stripped down to the frame from the seats forward. did this because the rebuilt 2.25 looked to pretty to instal in a dirty, rusty, wired rats nest engine bay. i bought a compressor and spray guns and 2 qrts of por15. put up a 10x10 pop-up shade tent over the front half and made walls and floor out of 12x9 sheets of plastic. cost was just over $300. but the paint tent stuck out into the wife's side of the driveway by a couple of feet and she couldn't get into the garage at night. freak'n punk visited us the other night and busted into her lr3. cost over $600 for the psgr window and b pillar trim and a cell phone they stoled. i've now have a nearly $1000 paint job on my bulkhead and front half frame.

Eric W S
06-13-2009, 03:21 PM
You're putting this on credit? Ouch!

Waiting for Ike to call then I will be spending some cash. Exmoor seats might just be the first order placed...

EwS