PDA

View Full Version : Disco I Front Wiper Motor Replace

Diesel
06-13-2009, 12:38 PM
New here. Tried a search and didnt see anything on a "how to" to replace a front wiper motor on a 96 Discovery...wipers work but the "park" on the delay setting sets the wipers in the middle of the windshield...any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Diesel
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
...I actually just got done. Not really that hard. 3 bolts to remove the cowl.5 to remove the motor plate, one on the motor shaft and 3 for the motor body and the plug. Not hard at all. About 30-45 min job for a first timer.:D

scott
06-13-2009, 02:06 PM
diesel
try your question on the disco section and you might have better luck. we folks here are series i, ii, iia and iii owner/fools

badvibes
06-13-2009, 02:13 PM
New here. Tried a search and didnt see anything on a "how to" to replace a front wiper motor on a 96 Discovery...wipers work but the "park" on the delay setting sets the wipers in the middle of the windshield...any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

What be this "delay settings" thou speakest of? Mine Series Rover hath not such magic. Hast thou Lucas smoke in thine system yet? Should thine smoke escapeth thine system all manners of ogres and goblins shall infest thine chariot causingeth many maladies.

Sorry dude but any Series owner with wipers functioning at any level would consider himself/herself lucky. Maybe the Disco forum can answer your question. Good fortune my good man with thine malady.

Jeff

Edit: I see Diesel has actually solved the issue, my apologies for mine discretion...

4flattires
06-13-2009, 05:35 PM
"Park" is a permanent speed setting I enjoy ever since the Lucas magic smoke escaped out of the motor.

:thumb-up:

Jeff

greenmeanie
06-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Heh,
When was the last time you really needed your wipers Jeff? I think mine rot off from the sun before wearing out.