PDA

View Full Version : New Ign. Wires, reset check eng. light??

Chuck
06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I just replaced my ignition wires (fun!) on 1999 DII due to a misfire on #3 cylinder.
Engine was missing of course. New wires are installed and it is running great...but the yellow Service Engine Soon light is still illuminated.

Do I need to hook up an ODBII to reset or is there is it possible to reset otherwise? Maybe there is still an issue but, damn, it is running sweet.

Thoughts?

Joey4420
06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Get the codes pulled at your local auto parts store and let us know what the codes are.

dandruka
07-03-2009, 01:14 PM
What about the plugs? did you at least check the condition?

roverformygirlfriend
07-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Get the codes pulled at your local auto parts store and let us know what the codes are.

find out what the code is before lining the pockets of every rover vendor out there selling stuff on assumptions.

Ilya
07-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I would advise to buy the ODBII reader. I have the yellow light from the day I bought the car. If I bought ODBII tester right away I would probably diagnose the issue and would save some money. I did full tuneup and still check service soon comes up. Now I know that it relates to emission. So far I replaced oxygen sensors (4) two at the front and 2 at the back. I need to repalce SAI. I replaced on the right, but the left need to be replaced as well.

I would also sugest to clean fuel injectors, you never know what gas was used. I myself untill recently was using the chipest one.