PDA

View Full Version : tried to read all posts, just purchased a 95 swb, now ABS pump is running always

gobie desert
06-20-2009, 04:35 PM
i just purchased this vehicle and after about 3 days of driving the ABS pump has started going on and will not go off. so i have not been driving vehicle. replaced relays but no luck it still does it. it does stop if i disconnect the wire at the pump switch or the white plastic connect near the switch. i heard it come on one day when i hit the brakes then it went off, then about a day later it came on and now is not going off. it stayed on when i stopped car and pulled out key so i disconnect wires. now it goes off when i stop car but stays on when i turn on.

so where should i start to fix this?
how much should i expect to spend? no i will not be getting a 1k new pump. used will be all i can and will do at this point.

i hate it when PO's dont tell you everything about vehicle then play dumb. i am sure this was not the first time this went off.

any help would be great, this is my first rr classic. i have been mostly sticking to defenders and older series.

-hawk

57loboy
06-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Probably the switch on the side of the pump is your first bet, and the accumulator. The pumps aren't meant at all to run for long periods of time and if you don't replace the accumulator and switch, you WILL need to get the $1k pump. If not, you won't have brakes - simple.